Bianchi Grizzly - serial decoding

Hi!

Did you get a feedback from @ibbz ?
I have a similar issue identifying what seems to be a Bianchi MTB, European model (if there are discrepancies with US ones)

Under BB, serial number is spread in two lines and 3 parts
F6 H49

Naked frame weighs 1964g in 19.5" (49cm) size.
No eyelets at all, forged "flat" (not Ritchey style) dropouts with triangular cut-out
Dedacciai Megaset tubing based on downtube shape. Weight pushes me to think Deda Zer/tre tubing.

Here is the bike. Can't tell if it's been resprayed or not. It is dark purple
It has typical Bianchi integrated seatpost clamp, and is made for a 1"-1/8 steerer

Also attached a picture of the same bike, except it is Celeste with "racing" stripes. But can't identify the exact model

I would tend to think that it is a 1997 model ('96 was 1" steerer and most '98 models were alloy)

Attachments

• 20221124_120246.jpg
    20221124_120246.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 5
  • 4775391650_9e374fcd6e_h.jpg
    4775391650_9e374fcd6e_h.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hi!

I have a similar issue identifying what seems to be a Bianchi MTB, European model (if there are discrepancies with US ones)

F6 H49

No eyelets at all, forged "flat" (not Ritchey style) dropouts with triangular cut-out
Dedacciai Megaset tubing based on downtube shape. Weight pushes me to think Deda Zer/tre tubing.

It has typical Bianchi integrated seatpost clamp, and is made for a 1"-1/8 steerer

Also attached a picture of the same bike, except it is Celeste with "racing" stripes. But can't identify the exact model

I would tend to think that it is a 1997 model ('96 was 1" steerer and most '98 models were alloy)Nope,

Hi!

F6 H49

I would tend to think that it is a 1997 model ('96 was 1" steerer and most '98 models were alloy)
No I didn't. It's still a mystery!

Back