Beastie Boys anyone?

I am amazed by the fact that you are having even a Beastie Boys topic right here.
Addictive site.
Started as a teenage punk/metalhead, they were the first to infiltrate hiphop to my listenings. Alongside Cypress Hill. Also came Prodigy to widen my musical horizon.
Beastie Boys had a legendary performance in a cultic underground club bitd here. Unfortunately i was unable to find footage.

Later i realised how educational their musicianship is. They were standing on the shoulders of giants, or we can say they knew where to shop. Really good taste in music. Also very high level paying credits to sg like this, without ruining it.

Do you remember when that gig was and where, and maybe the rough date (or album era perhaps)?

Only found this. But that show i was talking about was earlier.
It was one little club with incredible amount of people
The club was called Fekete Lyuk originally Budapest, Golgota street 8 was the adress.
Pre ill communication era

Only found this. But that show i was talking about was earlier.
It was one little club with incredible amount of people

24th of February 1995 sound right?

Edit: just opened it in Youtube and it confirmed the date. Luscious Jackson too!

In the description of the

Great find. I thought it was even earlier. We never ever called that place rockland, it was Fekete Lyuk, ( means Black Hole), as it gained cult status in local underground scene that name.

It was rescheduled as the original gig was cancelled.....

941129-ticket.jpg

Those years.
There is a docu series about it, and now even an exhibition about that club.
maybe there is some English speaking video about it

Those years.
There is a docu series about it, and now even an exhibition about that club.
maybe there is some English speaking video about it

I just read a brief but interesting history of the club online. Maybe not 100% accurate as it says it closed in 1994, unless it was maybe reopened as Rockland after being Fekete Lyuk?

Back