Barracuda A2 Limited

David633

Dirt Disciple
Recently picked up this Barracuda. Saw it in a big tag sale and had never heard of the brand.. but the double-butted tube sticker and LX components caught my eye quickly enough. It's Deore LX throughout, Araya rims, Barracuda label seat, seatpost, stem, and bars. I tried to look up some info on these bikes, but didn't see much of anything. Does anyone know the story to these? And how'd I do for 20$? Haha.
IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg
[/img]

I'd say you got a hell of a bargain! It looks completely original and barely used. :shock: Nice job! I've always wanted a Barracuda.

$20??? I'd get a refund- that Araya rim sticker is clearly lifted at one corner........ :p

I've seen bikes look worse than that after an hour out of the box!

It certainly looks good sitting in the basement. Wish I knew the story on these bikes. Can't wait to take it on a real ride, just waiting on a new chain coming with a shipment of parts.

Thanks for the link. Sounds like the company wasn't around for long, eh. Too bad that site went down.

The bike was riding really well for a while. It was fast, shifted great, just worked really well. Then, I came home from a ride and my shifter randomly fell off in the driveway! The bolt holding the shifter to the brake lever literally just sheared off. Weirdest thing. Is this common with old Deore LX? Needless to say, have a new set coming in from ebay. Paid more to buy and ship them than I did for the whole bike...
IMG_2121.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

Back