Barn find - Funk Pro comp '91 (?)

Mohamu

Dirt Disciple
First of all, sorry for my english, had to use it a long time ago..

So, I've found/bought a bike at a local second-hand bikeshop, but didn't know what it is.. just after some investigation.. Now I can tell You I'm really happy with what I found:)
IMG_0696.jpeg IMG_0751.jpeg
IMG_0747.jpeg
It had a small crack on the seattube, but managed to repair it, the full bike had a terrible paint, so it is under the paintjob right now (will be metallic Blue, but leaving the dropouts unpainted and maybe polished). It had an almost a full XT 730 set, Chris King threaded headset, 1-1/4" 120mm Girvin Flextem. (The fork is a titanium neck version)

Would like to get some help in figuring out what parts to equip it with. First I was thinking about a full NOS '91 or '92 XT Group, but managed to get a beautiful White Industries HUB set, so now I plan to get parts from higher shelfs..

IMG_1144.jpeg

Thank you in advance for all the comments and ideas!
BR,

Wow. I need to spend more time in barns if that's what you can find :)

Always loved a funk, and as a kid I lusted after a local one that was polished with a massive dose of purple-itis. Well, it was the 90's....

Presumably you've seen this:

Very nice

Usually i like black components, but if you are leaving the dropouts polished then possibly silver parts will suit it better, either way looking forward to seeing more :cool:

Thank You guys, I”ll post pictures and updates of the build. Can’t wait to get the restored frame and forks back in my hands;)

May I ask for some help /opinion?

What kind of BB will i need for a CQP M-2000 crankset with this frame?

Wanted other kind of brakes, but now it seems I have to stay with parts i already have..
So shimano xt, suntour xc SE or ritchey logic set would be better?

Last edited:
Back