Baltic Bawbags - Now with added aftermath and pictures of actual riding

met ofice is more favourable, hheavy rain showers till 10 (60% chance) then lighter showers (30%) and sunshine.

I'm out too, over to Inverness this weekend as the outlaws are in the wars (or Raigmore as the locals call it).

I’m digging the Zaskar out of hibernation, still planning on being there. Expecting to get wet! Don’t really have suitable gear but will see what I can find at the back of the cupboard. I might not look very fashionable. It’s okay though I’ll ride a few bike lengths behind and you can say you dinny know me 😂.

Here we go again! Yellow warning for wind issued from Sunday lunchtime onwards. Could be a problem for those heading home further afield. I’ll leave the decision up to those travelling.

I will make up my mind tomorrow depending on the weather as it is about an 8 hour round trip for me and considering I drove back from Edinburgh today in the snow not sure I want a repeat. Roads were horrendous. It took me two hours to get to Perth and the A9 from Perth to Inverness was about 90% just two tyre tracks. After Inverness there was nothing, no snow near the road. Still, I was stuck in a tailback before Perth for about an hour, pee stop at Ralia and about 3/4 of an hour at Brians but it still took from 8.20 to 4.30 to get to Wick!!
Still I need a ride ;)

Jamie

Lovely morning today and temps looking to rise, so don’t think snow on roads will be an issue by tomorrow.

I'm going to give it a miss as well. Next time... hopefully weather will be a bit better too.

Back