''Avenir'' Diamondback?

Line Rider

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone

I'm looking to buy a diamondback axis or apex, not sure what it exactly is, to make a nice city comuter of it. Reading in this forum, I had the impression there could be somthing wrong with frames that say ''Avenir equiped''. Is it true?

The only thing useable on it are the rims, the frame, deraillers/shifters and the cranks. How much should I pay for it?

Excuse my english,

Thanks

gm1230126":3y44hqpt said:
Avenir was the private label line of parts and components distributed by Diamnod Backs importer/distributor Western States Imports (WSI).

Yup, Avenir made saddles, bars, grips etc.

Moved to Wanted forum.

[/quote]

Yup, Avenir made saddles, bars, grips etc.

[/quote]

Correction Avenir made nothing. WSI just picked some of the nicer parts available in Taiwan and put the Avenir name on them. i don't think WSI had one part or accessory design they could call their own that they put the Avenir label on.

I once had a Diamondback Apex back in the early '90, they had some of the worst paint jobs ever. I remember it had avenir equipped written on the top tube near the seatpost clamp but I never had a problem with the frame (nice and sturdy). If the one your looking at is old, I'd probably think it to be in the 75-125 quid price range.

I am selling an 1989 Ascent EX which is based upon the same frameset as the apex of that year and there is nothing wrong with it at all.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I am selling an 1989 Ascent EX which is based upon the same frameset as the apex of that year and there is nothing wrong with it at all.
You do realise this thread is 11 years old.....?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back