apple store experiences, is it just me?

russ77":3i820rhm said:
When my Macbook's RAM slot failed after six months I was told I could pay for a replacement motherboard, but I'd be better off buying a new laptop. Does no one fix electronics anymore?
Not really, no.

It's largely uneconomic.

russ77":2ts7he8d said:
I've come to the conclusion that the Apple Stores are a concept. A theme park designed to get people in to the brand.
A pretty poor concept if you ask me.

Computers aren't cool*, never have been. Apple seem to attract those people who aren't cool but think buying an Apple (and talking about it endlessly) will elevate them socially.

It doesn't. You are still floppy haired, check shirt and skinny jeans wearing wee bawbags. Apple is a fan club for bully victims.

*My definition of cool may differ somewhat to the accepted view.

technodup":2k7vzyai said:
russ77":2k7vzyai said:
I've come to the conclusion that the Apple Stores are a concept. A theme park designed to get people in to the brand.
A pretty poor concept if you ask me.

Computers aren't cool*, never have been. Apple seem to attract those people who aren't cool but think buying an Apple (and talking about it endlessly) will elevate them socially.

It doesn't. You are still floppy haired, check shirt and skinny jeans wearing wee bawbags. Apple is a fan club for bully victims.

*My definition of cool may differ somewhat to the accepted view.

top social commentery from the weeg
love it :LOL:

pmsl

mikee":13aktyc0 said:
top social commentery from the weeg
love it :LOL:

pmsl
There's plenty more. Never takes me very long to find the 'anything else' type forum and vent my spleen.

50 posts should do it :)

One store that I visited was very helpful; but that was the exception.

My local ones are full of condescending young dicks and wannabee models who just hang out and sneer at customers. I often feel unworthy of stepping into their heavenly realm to spend money. So I invariably leave without buying anything & source it online.

€80 to replace a melted laptop charger? Why would I buy ANOTHER badly designed piece of crap that was built under contract by Samsung in China & then sold at huge profit in sleek concept stores? No thanks. I bought a clone from Ebay for €30,and it was delivered in less than 24 hours.

IME, Apple's operating system is mostly fantastic, their hardware is shiny junk, their prices are a joke, and their stores are staffed by unhelpful, elitist dicks.
Hackbooks are the future.

DM":3q1811yj said:
My local ones are full of condescending young dicks and wannabee models who just hang out and sneer at customers. I often feel unworthy of stepping into their heavenly realm to spend money.
That's the same with some clothes shops. Why are you looking me up and down like you don't approve? You work in a shop, dear. A SHOP. It might say Armani above the door but you're doing the same job as the clowns in Primark. Or Lidl come to that.

*I have substituted the name of the actual shop I meant for Armani so people could get it. Unless anyone knows of Cruise in Glasgow, where being a vacuous permatanned airhead is the only requirement. And the girls are just as bad.

I found the Solihull store to be great. Helpful, treated me not like I was a moron, replaced my phone that wasn't even bought there.

Only prob was having to book a timeslot for returns, but then its better than queing at some crappy desk for 30min

gump":vp96o6g0 said:
Only prob was having to book a timeslot for returns, but then its better than queing at some crappy desk for 30min

Does this strike anyone else as ludicrous?
Why would you buy anything from a store where you book a time at a returns desk?
This would indicate a high volume of unreliable crap being sold!

Back