Anyone used Paisley Freight ?

we use paisley 99% of the time to send bikes in the uk
never had any problems
comms always good and delivery generally swift
thumbs up

Thanks everyone but I don't need it now as I bid £212.99 on eBay and was beaten by a higher bid For a Tushingham B52 that needed a total respray and refurbish.
I guess someone on here bought it.

I found Paisley freight through this esteemed forum and had some good experiences with them, but it seems something has gone very badly wrong over there.

Previously the goto speedy cycle delivery service, I've had to refund an ebay purchaser their shipping costs because a bike picked up from me on Monday finaly got to them on Tuesday, in the following week! (not even a long distance ship, maybe 80 miles)

It took me chasing them, towards the end of the week for them to communicate, they claimed the APC depot was having some sort of issue, they were 'sorry' and it would be delivered that day. It wasn't delivered and no one got in touch with me about it.

I figure they are victims of their own success, but they have failed to scale this business (its not easy) but it seems they are now just another crap tier courier.

I tried to get my money back but was offered a desultory £9.99 so I'm now thirty quid out of pocket because of them.

You may notice that their website no longrer carries customer reviews on it as it did before, caveat emptor!

I've used them 3 times iirc. No hassles at all. I think it gives the buyer/sender some confidence that they actively sell the service as a (boxed) bicycle courier, so the sizes & weight limit are sensible. When you are trying to see if other companies will send your goods or trying to calculate which threshold of box sizing you fall into it is much more hassle.
I purchased the actual PF service through ebay iirc. (feedback/paypal, nectar points etc)

(interesting noting the above post however)

Never used to send but received plenty from sellers using them, most recently in February. Never had any problems and our (APC) driver was really helpful a couple of times when I wasn’t in to receive.

I've used them several times, to send and receive, and there have been no issues so far.

It's my assumption that because they specialize in bikes they understand the importance of how they are handled, and that's been born out by my experiences so far. If they were to get a rep for mishandling frames word would spread like wildfire and they'd be finished. It's worth paying a little more for that peace of mind in my opinion.

Back