Anyone used Paisley Freight ?

bjellys

Retro Guru
Anyone used Paisley Freight to ship a bike was it a good experience,or is there a better courier for bikes.

Used them a couple of times and have been great, no hassle at all. They can also supply the bike box which is a good option.

i think they are like a broker, they seem to use different companies depending on the item being sent, based on weight/size etc, it also depends on the area the item is being sent to. i have used them for bigger items, i sent 4 18" wheels and tyres from my old van, was something like £40 at the time which was a country mile cheaper than anyone else, that said, when i have had something delivered by them i have noticed that they seem old school with pen and paper as opposed to a computer tracked and signed set up, i know drivers hate the terminal things as they feel their employer is checking up on them but having had stuff go missing when it's the self employed "come across dodgy" drivers i find myself looking back at the bigger companies like parcel arse etc as i feel there is more info available if you want to track something. i know when Parcel express used some agency drivers to deliver Volt E bikes they lost 12 in 6 months, Parcel express had no tracking past their own building because of agency drivers which made it impossible for Volt to track the goods, as a result they had to pay out Volt, but it was to a max of about £1000 per bike, which meant Volt lost out.

Used them quite a few times over the last couple of years as they were the cheapest to send full bikes, or boxes over the cheap limit for Parcel Force. No problems, they've been reliable.

I've used them a few times and they're generally pretty good. However, I did once have to put in a claim for a frame that got damaged in transit and it took 3 months to get any money out of them.

This is the sort of info they requested to process the claim.

Pictures of the damaged item(s).

· Keep the original packaging (internal and external) of the damaged item(s), as the damage to the item(s) and packaging may need to be returned to our claims handlers for assessment.

· Pictures of the damaged packaging – both internal and external.

· If goods were sold through eBay, please send over a copy of the advert and the item reference number.

· If goods were sold via Gumtree / Facebook etc., please send over a copy of the advert.

· Confirmation of payment, if this was paid via PayPal a copy of the transaction, if paid by bank transfer, a copy of the statement showing payment made.

· If the item can be repaired, a quote on letter headed paper.

Used them a couple of times, never had an issue, collect when supposed too, but not the cheapest courier

Back