Anyone scored a bike repair voucher?

Feels a bit like the spirit of the scheme isn't aimed at the likes of us on here, who can either afford to maintain our bikes or are capable ourselves.

I therefore feel like I need to say this: don't take the piss with it if you don't need to.

Jonny69":2rmcs4v5 said:
Feels a bit like the spirit of the scheme isn't aimed at the likes of us on here, who can either afford to maintain our bikes or are capable ourselves.

I therefore feel like I need to say this: don't take the piss with it if you don't need to.

Why? The government get to make up and publish the rules. If I were to follow the rules, what exactly would I be doing wrong?
As has been pointed out above, there are plenty of ways to have made this means or need-tested.

ZG862":1487avo3 said:
Why? The government get to make up and publish the rules. If I were to follow the rules, what exactly would I be doing wrong?
As has been pointed out above, there are plenty of ways to have made this means or need-tested.

Because

as there are a limited number of vouchers available, please consider the needs of others before applying for a voucher and do not delay making planned repairs outside of the scheme should your circumstances allow it

Because there's probably someone out there who really genuinely needs it. But don't let that stop you applying multiple times so you can get your wall hanger repainted at Bob Jackson.

Anyway, I've said my bit now and I'm not opening the thread again.

My LBS says that the scheme requires them to photograph the before and after to prove that the work done complies with the regulations - which include braking components, wheels/tyres, drivetrain, lubrication and anything safety-related. Hmmm. Not excluding much.

I didn't ask if they have to photograph the owner before and after.

ZG862":2gm8tfuh said:
I didn't ask if they have to photograph the owner before and after.

Before pic - Dressed up in ten pairs of trousers and a cushion under the jumper with three weeks unshaven.
After pic - Resplendent in team Lycra :LOL:

Back