Anyone know member "Badgersden"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean , if the payment was made to a email linked to the business you could argue that you’ve paid his business for the item since it’s related (bike shop - bike parts)

It’s very very easy to open a small claims against a business, and likely result in a CCJ. Maybe he needs a slight push in the right direction assuming he’s not incapacitated.
Only thing is his email he used has got nothing to do with the shop he works at. His email was ‘OverTheEdgeCycles’ but the bike shop is called ‘Hayes Cycles’…

He must have some connection to the email address though. Even if he doesn’t own it , a email can provoke a reaction if you truly think it’s a scam and not legit

I spoke to him on the phone a couple times and he sounded like a genuine bloke, but as soon as I started communicating with him via WhatsApp and so on, he was defo smokin something.

Companies house website shows two active directors for the bike shop, one you presume would be this cheap Badgersden, the other is a female, 14 years younger so unlikely a daughter, maybe she would be interested to know how her business partner is conducting himself…

I don't want this to become a witch-hunt. Just want people to beware. Lets not do anything silly.

My first sour experience after 14 years buying and selling on here, so I'll put it down to experience.

Just call the bike shop and politely ask if he’s ok which will lead into a conversation…..
I spoke with him on the phone back in December or so regarding the Onza Chill Pills he was selling. I had paid for two sets. He sounded like a genuinely nice guy and he was the one who insisted we talk over the phone to resolve the issues we were having. He said his reputation here was important, so I don't understand the want to self-destruct when he's trying to setup a side business of some kind.

Since someone above already posted more personal information regarding the bike shop, he told me back in December that at that time he was dealing with a series of break-ins at that shop and was dealing with some more serious personal/family stuff. If he has now fallen off his bike and is injured, well, then he's definitely going through a spout of bad luck. But even still, unless he's suffering from some serious depression, he is not absolved from commitments.

I am more of a water-under-the-bridge type, so in the greater scope of the universe, I hope he gets his shit together and moves forward.

I spoke with him on the phone back in December or so regarding the Onza Chill Pills he was selling. I had paid for two sets. He sounded like a genuinely nice guy and he was the one who insisted we talk over the phone to resolve the issues we were having. He said his reputation here was important, so I don't understand the want to self-destruct when he's trying to setup a side business of some kind.

Since someone above already posted more personal information regarding the bike shop, he told me back in December that at that time he was dealing with a series of break-ins at that shop and was dealing with some more serious personal/family stuff. If he has now fallen off his bike and is injured, well, then he's definitely going through a spout of bad luck. But even still, unless he's suffering from some serious depression, he is not absolved from commitments.

I am more of a water-under-the-bridge type, so in the greater scope of the universe, I hope he gets his shit together and moves forward.
The story he told me was the owner of the shop had passed so he was selling off all the stock. He asked me if I wanted to send him say £150 and he will send me a load of stock to sell but when I asked him if everything had been dumped on him (genuine question) he started being all weird about it saying things like “that’s none of your business what I do with my business partner”.

The story he told me was the owner of the shop had passed so he was selling off all the stock. He asked me if I wanted to send him say £150 and he will send me a load of stock to sell but when I asked him if everything had been dumped on him (genuine question) he started being all weird about it saying things like “that’s none of your business what I do with my business partner”.
Definitely an odd response to your general inquiry. People are savvy here so if he is indeed scamming people then his intentions will become evident if not already, to some of you. Personally, I try not to speculate over the internet. But after six months it is clear I will not see the Chill Pills. If he were local I’d just drive/ride over there to his shop and talk in person, maybe someone here on Retro who is local can be an ambassador?

He appears to be stacking bodies from this website over chump change while burning what reputation he had. Someone needs to extend an olive branch in person to see if he wants to right the wrongs. Maybe I am being to romantic and pragmatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back