Anyone into classic cars

That must be terrifying anywhere near a corner with its 90:10 weight distribution. 😲
Yeah, but it’s not fragile. If you have a North American built vehicle with a V8 you can rev it to redline and pop the clutch, it handles it, over and over. My BMW wouldn’t even take a vigorous shift without the clutch slipping. I had a new clutch installed and did a less vigorous shift and it still wasn’t a what I would call a solid grab. American cars with V8s can take full throttle power shifts. My buddies BMW did the same so he bought a Camero. A European car can’t take heavy hot rod rodding. It had electrical ghosts I had to keep chasing. It was fun on the highway for cruising, except it settled down, got smooth with the steering and suspension happy at 140 kph. The cops keep their eyes peeled for BMWs, got stopped once, they love to stop BMWs in the USA because drug dealers like them. Also, we had a through search for drugs when entering the USA from Canada. Border patrol was bummed they didn’t find anything, no ashes in the ash tray as we don’t smoke. The ash tray was the first place they looked and when they saw no ashes they became visibly deflated. Also, BMW stands for Break My Windshield and concrete blocks tossed through the windshield of BMWs is big fun for vandals. Gimme a North American built V8 stick to pound. The old muscle cars could really take it but we’re dangerous. The drove like worn out trucks, poor brakes, bias ply tires and terrible suspension. They only wanted to go straight. I thought I was going to die when my buddy tried to take a corner at 140 mph in his 1969 7.5 liter Dodge Dart. Wheel’s shimming, the car drifting ever closer to the guard rail and still accelerating strongly, very scary. He was trying to do 150 but at 140 part of the headliner blew out the window so he slowed down. That was scary. Saved by a blizzard of parts. Last summer I drove my buddies rebuilt and hopped up 1969 Cougar to 120mph. It could go that fast, and faster, but wasn’t built to. My new truck handles 120 much better, no comparison. Bottom line, if you want to burn rubber, get one of these.

Thinking back, an elderly but hearty Mercedes E300TD was a lot of fun, straight 6 diesel with a turbo - and torque that could curl tarmac.

Currently driving a brown Kia Sportage 1.7 CRDI

Brown

B r o w n

I wish I had to room for a Opel Manta A . Owned one in my youth and would love another . It would have to be a 1900 SR this time,as opposed to a 1600 that I had way back !

b
r
o
w
n
Its all about a Chocolate Brown Rolls Royce.

I'm sure I heard him tell this story in an interview once but there's a tale told by Noel Gallagher where when Oasis were at their peak and the Gallagher boys could demand pretty much whatever they wanted he badgered the labels manager Alan McGhee at every opportunity for a Chocolate Brown Rolls Royce Silver Shadow.

He would regularly say, "but its all about a Chocolate Brown Rolls Royce Alan".

Rolls didn't have chocolate brown as a standard colour for the Silver Ghost (there's a metallic and a colour called Antelope) so this proved to be a very difficult quest for Mr McGhee and an increasingly vocal demand from Mr Gallagher. When finally one was found (or painted I'm not sure which). It was presented to Noel only for him say that he couldn't drive and didn't have a licence either.

Latest posts

Back