Any eBike love here?

dyna-ti":bh7p7kuz said:
Whitey19999":bh7p7kuz said:
mk one":bh7p7kuz said:
looks a half decent frame under all that.

I know, I love the early orange stuff - almost seemed a waste doing what I did to it but, rest assured there were no extra holes drilled in the process :)

And admittedly Orange used to always laud the versatility of their Clockwork and P7. Makes it even more versatile :D

On the note of the 250w. I was under the impression the motors were capable of 600w or 900w, and its being limited by the software :?
Not that im knowledgeable in this but you hear things :?

The cheap Chinese 250w brushless hubs are the most mass produced hub in the world, insanely cheap and efficient. There are reports of them lasting in excess of 20,000 miles. I've clocked up 2,300 miles on mine. Most "250w" ebike motors are, in fact more powerful than that. Also, 250w on a 36v system becomes 350w if you squirt 48v through it (they'll take it, I know someone who is running on 72v. And the hub speed goes up correspondingly. As far as the law is concerned it's maximum 250w and 15.5mph on UK roads, but it's a grey area what constitutes riding on the road, off road and, power switches etc. As long as the thing doesn't look like a motorbike and you ride considerately around others I don't think you'll get hassle. Oh, and don't get involved in an accident

dyna-ti":24byu0cy said:
Whitey19999":24byu0cy said:
mk one":24byu0cy said:
looks a half decent frame under all that.

I know, I love the early orange stuff - almost seemed a waste doing what I did to it but, rest assured there were no extra holes drilled in the process :)

And admittedly Orange used to always laud the versatility of their Clockwork and P7. Makes it even more versatile :D

:D i like that

Re:

Sometimes only an eBike will do, before you comment I like Carling, I choose Carling, I drink Carling at home. In a pub I always drink real ale guest beers.

For anyone interested I live in a hilly area, Tesco's is uphill all the way home. I was one gear down on where I would normally expect to be. I was impressed with the eBikes performance today.

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 376
Re: Re:

davidj":1uztqmce said:
Sometimes only an eBike will do, before you comment I like Carling, I choose Carling, I drink Carling at home. In a pub I always drink real ale guest beers.

For anyone interested I live in a hilly area, Tesco's is uphill all the way home. I was one gear down on where I would normally expect to be. I was impressed with the eBikes performance today.

And if it allows you to carry two cases instead of one, that's got to be a plus :)

davidj":13vm3f14 said:

Awesome, now just needs front panniers for the Guinness :)

Whitey19999":1vqvvolq said:
davidj":1vqvvolq said:

Awesome, now just needs front panniers for the Guinness :)

Front panniers are for a fruit based drink for the Lady ;)

Normally 8 cans in a rucksack on my back would be the limit and I would work hard getting them home. I still prefer my 26" P7 & more so my 29" Clockwork but the eBike is getting some use lately. I killed my car a fortnight ago, gearbox died and beyond economic repair. I bought a new car but that has been delayed till next week and the eBike has made all the difference. I have owned it since 2016 and only just re discovered it's potential. I tried selling it a month back and I am glad it didn't go.

I am not alcoholic, I just love a bargain ;).

Recently fitted a Tongsheng mid driver motor to my Whyte hardtail as there was a danger it wouldn't get ridden at all now I've got my full suspension. Living here in N. Wales without a car an ebike is the difference between being exhausted after carting the shopping home and being able to go out for a walk with the missus afterwards.

Back