Another recent build

Do you think the posh brands Mercian Hewitt Bob Jackson etc ride better than the mass produced bikes of Raleigh Dawes etc, like for like tubing wise??

Cheers James
Dunno
Best handling bike i had back in the day was a Raleigh 531C Luxe, a mass produced affair from the the Raleigh catalogue.
And i had had Mexicos, Masters and a few custom builds.
The raleigh also built into a sub 20lb bike with clinchers and 600 Tricolour groupset. At that point, i'd given up on Exotica

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Dunno
Best handling bike i had back in the day was a Raleigh 531C Luxe, a mass produced affair from the the Raleigh catalogue.
And i had had Mexicos, Masters and a few custom builds.
The raleigh also built into a sub 20lb bike with clinchers and 600 Tricolour groupset. At that point, i'd given up on Exotica
Agreed! But its not always about the ride or the weight...its usually about nostalgia isnt it?

Very nice, I like a good period 'proper' TT bike. Takes me back to my youth (and a bit later!). Where did you ride most of your TT's BITD?

Very nice, I like a good period 'proper' TT bike. Takes me back to my youth (and a bit later!). Where did you ride most of your TT's BITD?
Was riding for MC&AC Solihull wayso around Knowle, and Nether Whitacre, Meriden etc (K18 etc). Sporty course those. Many many years ago :) What about you?

Was riding for MC&AC Solihull wayso around Knowle, and Nether Whitacre, Meriden etc (K18 etc). Sporty course those. Many many years ago :) What about you?
Merseyside and North Wales '62 - '67. West London, Bath Rd etc. '68'-'70. Back to Merseyside (and also venturing to K16, K8 at times) '70 - '71. Yorkshire '72 - 2012. A few 'semi-retirements' occasionally at odd periods. Packed in racing end of 2012 due to getting pneumonia and deciding I was getting past it! Decided that I would re-live my youth with classic bikes instead, discovered Retrobike - and the rest is, as the saying goes, history!

K8, K37, K24, K16 great courses did my first ever under the hour ride on the K16 back in 81

Back