Another Raleigh advice thread!

mpatts

Dirt Disciple
Due to my current 'in between roles' status I'm currently looking at my bikes and thinking "do I want to keep that?".

One is a genuine SBDU 531 Raleigh Ti in Frankenspec (it's got what I like on it!). 8spd campag. I looked up the serial and it's either a 76 or 78, memory fails Mr.

What I can't work out is...is it worth anything? It's definitely been repainted. I've had it ten years, ridden it quite a lot but not recently. I still have the more period correct wheels.

I sort of hope not tbh.

Would love your thoughts please!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240317-150636~2.png
    Screenshot_20240317-150636~2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
In theory it should be worth more than a fake...😱

Screenshot_20240318-071039.png

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Due to my current 'in between roles' status I'm currently looking at my bikes and thinking "do I want to keep that?".

One is a genuine SBDU 531 Raleigh Ti in Frankenspec (it's got what I like on it!). 8spd campag. I looked up the serial and it's either a 76 or 78, memory fails Mr.

What I can't work out is...is it worth anything? It's definitely been repainted. I've had it ten years, ridden it quite a lot but not recently. I still have the more period correct wheels.

I sort of hope not tbh.

Would love your thoughts please!
Looks like a good quality repaint for tens years ago as the correct decals have been used, pretty much all of the restorations I've seen going back ten years in the Team livery have the wrong seat tube decals, do you know who painted it? Some more pics and frame number would be great, for a 76-8 it's had some extra braze ons added. Check out eBay sold listings to get an idea of value.

here you go (and also where I half expect to find out its not real :D)

Attachments

• 2023-07-26 (2).jpg
    2023-07-26 (2).jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 2023-07-26 (3).jpg
    2023-07-26 (3).jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 25
Back