Another Kelly KAS Vitus Build - Carbone

Re: Vitus Carbone 9 Lo-Pro?

Hi all, I've picked up a Vitus frame recently, the seller said it's a Carbone 9 and I'm in the process of researching period correct parts to build it up. One issue I immediately noticed though is that the front mech hanger is missing. I suppose with the hanger gone you could use a clamp on front mech, but I'd like to keep everything original, so can anyone tell me where to source one from please? The only option I've found so far is some unbranded on from eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Front-Der ... 0953296962?

I'm not sure if that hanger is compatible though, so if anyone has any ideas it would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• cdd898445d698ef25ec2fddbd4acb6c1d57829e2.jpg
    cdd898445d698ef25ec2fddbd4acb6c1d57829e2.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 676
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Dose it thane the french front Braze on dérailleur?
Is it Me or is it the photo as the seat tube appears to be flattened out where the front derailleur fits?
Aslo is it a Low Pro Frame with a 650c front wheel?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 17.17.22.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 17.17.22.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 672
Chris ... I think that's the carbon structure - sorry but if you like to build up a KAS Vitus FKC 9 you should take parts of a MAVIC 1000 SSC group set ... but my parts are not fully correct eventually ... take 430 SSC Brakes and Levers instead of 440 SSC and if available a French Reydel saddle

All this stickers you can get at DBs site - www.wanit.co.uk

Attachments

• Vitus_FKC9_Mavic.jpg
    Vitus_FKC9_Mavic.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 660
Re:

I like the sister bike of mine :).riding mine on the 100m Eroica next year, Mavic is like hens teeth to find so some leeway is allowed wouldn't be so kind on a campagnolo build :)

stringfellow1946":4ywiw84t said:
Also is it a Low Pro Frame with a 650c front wheel?

Well, it's definitely a 'Lo-Pro' time trial frame so not really suitable for general road riding usage.

Re:

yep low pro, wouldn't make much of a ride bike unless its just for show, any curved front mech hanger will work though good luck.

Also had to post a picture of mine in its current state, I have 2 reydel saddles one black restored and and one i got from France this year yellow NOS. I also ditched the clips and straps and put some look/mavic pedals on, its by far the most responsive of my retro bikes also now has c-record hubs on mavic ssc rims that an old friend gave me. I'll put clips and straps back on for the Eroica next year...entry already in :)

Attachments

• KAS black saddle.jpg
    KAS black saddle.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 601
  • KAS Yellow saddle.jpg
    KAS Yellow saddle.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 601
Re:

...where can I find such a Reydel saddle in black colour - than my Vitus is a complete ALL French :mrgreen:

Re:

They are extremely rare the black GTI was originally white but had it re-coloured and the decals remade the yellow one is a reydel pro the type Kelly rode and be never seen one apart from the one I found, the best fit if not is a turbo or rolls

Back