And so it begins...again - the Fire Mountain weight Loss project

Thanks dude. They've got issues so may have to return them.

I've trial fitted them, reduced the damping and eventually managed to wind the preload off but only getting about an inch of travel.

Any ideas?

i've just chatted to TFTuned - apparently knowledgeable fork servicers.....they wont touch Manitous this old :LOL: and in fact, don't even like the modern Manitou as there is very little European support for them :rolleyes:

Looks like they'll be sent back and my dream of owning a set of these goes with them :(

I can't really risk pulling them apart to service and then trying to source replacement parts for what is effectively 20 year old technology.

If anyone has any sub 1500g, 262 wheel, 1 1/8" straight steerer (min 200mm), 100mm travel, quick release dropouts, disc mount forks for sale then let me know! £100ish preferable!

the normal sx were a oil piston bath one side and a spring/elastomer setup the other the elastomers are most likely your problem probably deteriorated

The whole premise of a purely suspension related tuning house for cycles is quite frankly ridiculous and points to a real issue with the current industry approach to repair.

Find yourself a local bike shop with a cytech level 3 mechanic and ask there instead.

A few years back. Lots. Now, not so many. 498 accedited shops. That doesnt mean there aren't more, it means these are the shops who have been accredited.

A few years back. Lots. Now, not so many. 498 accedited shops. That doesnt mean there aren't more, it means these are the shops who have been accredited.

none within 50 miles. to be honest, i'm not spending a tenner a time shipping these everywhere before even considering parts and labour. especially as they also need spraying and new decals.

i will cut my losses and look for a working set that i can sneakily just fit and use :D

I reckon its ebike territory.... 60kg

Needs some carbon
Thats a hell of an ebike. Is it for a giant ?
The one im picking up tomorrow is 23 1/2kg, and I reckon I could knock 1 1/2-2kg off that with some choice kit.

Soooo....hand sanding a whole frame is hard work.

Jeez. I've got the headtube and 3/4 top tube done...and now I'm thinking of just making sure it's keyed well enough to do a decent enough job!

Back