Ambrosio 19 Super Elite Rims Struggles

justanotherookie

Retro Newbie
Hi,

I've just purchase a pair of challenge Strada 700 x 25 tyres for my road bike. How ever I cannot for the life of me get the rear tyre onto the rim. I've tried everything but it just doesn't seem like it's possible. The front tyre went on great (Wolber 700 GTA Gentleman rim).

Does anyone know anything about the Ambrosio Rims causing this problem before? More of a curious question for future reference.

Best,

J

Re:

Are Ambrosio Italian? Italian rims eg campag, Miche are renowned for being larger than French, eg magic

It could be that there is a slight difference in the pairs of rims and/or tyres between what you have. If you have got one to fit, take it off and put it on the other rim, as tyres do stretch with use.

Hello, yes... they are notorious for being super tight, I fitted a set to my lads Concorde Astore and I needed a lot of patience and brute force to fit the tyres... I ended up using a hair dryer to warm the tyres up!

Re:

I put mine on a Strada on a set of old wheels (without inner tubes) and left them for a few days before then fitting them to the bike which seemed to take some of the pain out of the process.

Back