For Sale Alpinestars Al Mega dx (on ebay)

drexal77

Dirt Disciple
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Shame it’s a respray job.
Do you prefer them with original paint even if its a bit battered?

He saying its a 91, but i have a Al-mega DX (same none e-stay shape) and mine is 1990 all yellow, i thought the e-stay model was released in 1991? i have never seen an Al-Mega DX in this colour way before with pink forks, have you? Do you think he's gone with what he wanted colour wise.
(i've emailed him to see if he has any before images of it before it was stripped)

It's a 90, but it might have been bought / sold in 91.

Pink forks, I believe, belong on a Cromega not an Almega

Do you prefer them with original paint even if its a bit battered?

He saying its a 91, but i have a Al-mega DX (same none e-stay shape) and mine is 1990 all yellow, i thought the e-stay model was released in 1991? i have never seen an Al-Mega DX in this colour way before with pink forks, have you? Do you think he's gone with what he wanted colour wise.
(i've emailed him to see if he has any before images of it before it was stripped)
Yes 100% but just a personal preference 😊

Would any of you guys know the RAL code (or equivalent paint code) for the 1990 pre-estay AL-MEGA DX (do you know if they used the same exact luminous yellow colour on the 1991/92 e-stay DX?
As i have two of these i'm still considering stripping the bad one and re-spraying as the half the paint & decals have come off and what's left has sun faded to a washed out pale yellow. But i would only do this, if i could you use the exact same colour they used in the factory, but not sure where you could ever find out this info? (but now hearing yours guys opinions on re-sprays makes me think not to touch the paint)?

The other i'm going to keep the original paint and decals even though they are not in great shape and just try and track down all the correct DX parts it would of come with from new. By keeping the original paint at least i won't be to scared to ride it.

Back