Aldi Cycling stuff for Winter

I could do with a new pair of waterproofs
i prefer those winter trousers rather than the baggy waterproofs, a bit of a snugger fit.
Mind you this is lidl,more likely they'll only have one size-

Dwarf :LOL:

daj":1yl00m9u said:
Anyone tried the shoes before? My mate has just asked? :?

Mate here has. He says they are good for £20, fit him a bit wide, but that would suit me as I find most too narrow.

I'm a 12 though and these finish at size 10.

dyna-ti":2dp7er9v said:
I could do with a new pair of waterproofs
i prefer those winter trousers rather than the baggy waterproofs, a bit of a snugger fit.
Mind you this is lidl,more likely they'll only have one size-

Dwarf :LOL:

ALDI NOT LIDL !!

DoctorRad":2ixqgifh said:
Anyone tried one of the HRMs?

Tried one a few years ago and stopped using it after I scared the crap out of myself on the last climb of a hilly 10mile TT. I now take the view that if I chunder on the course I'm pushing too hard. If I cross the line then womble I've paced myself about right.

It was the devil of a job to get the thing working, press this button whilst holding this one down, tickling that one, tweaking another and teasing the last. Does the job though.

I am getting a jacket and some gloves .

I doubt very much they are waterproof . they advertise them as weather proof which is a bit different .

a good waterproof jacket in goretex cost £100 + , so i have no hope of the Aldi one doing the trick , but it will do for most days .
I have proper gore tex jacket and trousers for really bad weather .

I have one of their softshell "weatherproof" jackets, it seems to repel the rain brilliantly - even in downpours. I'll be getting a new one tomorrow.

The trousers are a bit hot but do keep you dry. Not tried the rest.

Back