Advice on hood covers please? TIA

Thanks for the info all- obviously disappointing to hear. Not sure about the paintwork; there are some 531 stickers on the forks but I doubt this is the place they would be and given that there is a Colstar sticker on there it doesn't really mean anything :/
That said, the frame does feel pretty light (haven't been able to weigh it) and the bike rides well.

Thanks for the info all- obviously disappointing to hear. Not sure about the paintwork; there are some 531 stickers on the forks but I doubt this is the place they would be and given that there is a Colstar sticker on there it doesn't really mean anything :/
That said, the frame does feel pretty light (haven't been able to weigh it) and the bike rides well.
If it rides as good as it looks there’s no problem 😁

Don’t mind Old Ned, he got dropped on his head as a child. 😁
It’s possibly not 1963, I’m pretty sure nothing in the range that year had those features.
It’s more likely either a Spectra or an Electron both of which first appeared in 1967.
Low in the Holdsworthy Claud Butler range but still higher than a lot on the high street back in those days (IMO, just look at the crap Raleigh were flogging!)
If you ever slip the forks out at sometime maybe for new bearings/service etc, you will find a clearly stamped number on the steering tube. We can date it accurately from that.
Thanks peachy, based on the paintwork and lettering I would put my money on the electron, assuming it's real.
I also saw something about the electron having 531 for the forks only, which corresponds to the location of the 531 stickers on the bike.
Not sure though so I'll look into it more and update if I find anything.
Cheers

The last of the Electron frames in 1976 (frameset only spec) had 531.

Just thought I'd revive this thread, as I have a new issue. So apparently the threads have been stripped from the bottom bracket shell, and although I'm waiting for some replies from bike shops I think fixing the frame is going to be around £120. The rest of the bike is pretty good, and so I'd consider buying a new frame instead; just wondering whether anyone knows if I could get a better frame than this one for around £125, and if so what frames you might suggest? I'd prefer another CB frame but would be open to other makes. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

My best advice...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back