Adidas Velosamba's

I was always on edge about buying a pair or not. I was worrying they they still are kind of wonky and wobbly if you use them with cleats.

I just talked to my girlfriend (who worked at Adidas for 10 years - and now in still in the shoe industry in Skandinavia). She sais this is the most cheapish and shaite version of a shoe you can ever buy.

It is not at all comparable to a "real" Adidas Samba. Look at the sole and the "leather" ish material.

Now I know, where the 39 quid are coming from.

A normal, good Adidas (Originals) Samba is around 120,00 Euros plus!
A decent Adidas "Performance" Samba still is 80,00 Euros plus!

I was SUPER suspicious as soon as I saw the marerials. 90% of all Velosambas are the crappiest crappy crapson verison! One benefit when your wifey works in that industry.

Last edited:
Good to know they saved money by downgrading the materials they use, rather than skimping on labour standards in authoritarian countries.

I have a pair of Adidas Oslo; black/yellow combo. Non-cycling shoe but a great shoe for weight lifting in my home gym.

700f1fdcb90716da5d33fd9855068037.jpg

It seems that some people, when not railing against the merits of springs in suspension forks, are also rabid opponents of football themed trainers from the 1970s adapted for use with SPD's. 😁

They're trainers with cleats for £40, a cheap, comfy and practical option.

Oh ...everybody is going to post their random adidas sneaker now - non related to the Velosamba? Great!!!

Some pictures of the Velos. They are a little wider than standard cycling shoes and the SPD recess is slightly deeper so no 'clattering' noises when walking. I commuted in these today which for me is a ride of 15 miles total there and back. I found the shoes to be quite rigid with good power transfer yet comfortable with it. No rubbing or tight spots. Being new they are a snug fit but will loosen off nicely as they wear in. Foolishly I did not check the forecast for this afternoon and it was heavy rain. I found the Velos to be ok in the wet but they are definitely more 'leaky' than other shoes and my feet became wet pretty quickly. Having said that they have a plastic insole and will dry out quickly. For colder wet weather a pair of overshoes would be needed to offset this. A good buy I think and these definitely have the approval of an Adidas super-fan work colleague, he has 70 pairs of Adidas trainers and comparing the Velosambas to the snazzy blue pair of Gazelle's he was wearing today the materials and construction are of equal quality. I would not pay £120 for a pair of Velos but for under £50 they are definitely a bargain and quite rightly belong in this forum listing.

Attachments

• vs1.JPG
    vs1.JPG
    529.6 KB · Views: 10
  • vs2.JPG
    vs2.JPG
    380.4 KB · Views: 10
  • vs3.JPG
    vs3.JPG
    411.7 KB · Views: 11
  • vs4.JPG
    vs4.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 10
Well I ordered a pair. I thought £40 delivered was good even if they turn out to be crappy that’s cheap. I was looking for some spd shoes that look normal enough to wander around in on cycle/pub trips. Get some funny looks clip clopping around, even in my spds that are supposed to be walkers they are noisy! The velosambas won’t get used much nor for much over 10 miles each way.

Either way I’m sure they will work out better than the Merrells I “retro fitted” cleats to…..

Back