A ride for Charlie Cunningham - helping one of the founding figures of mountain biking

Could be very interested although I'm limited by just having one bike right now, which only has 32 mm tyres (although I might be willing to go through the faff of removing and recounting the mudguards so at least I can use 'cross nobblies for this).

There's an Audax on September 18th, but both me and missus could be very interested in this, particularly since she met Jackie a few times in the 90s.
Have a look for images of Charlie on one of his first off road bikes: a highly modified Alan on (IIRC) 28c tyres, it would be most apt to ride your skinny-ish tyred bike, just maybe a little off the road :)

Have a look for images of Charlie on one of his first off road bikes: a highly modified Alan on (IIRC) 28c tyres, it would be most apt to ride your skinny-ish tyred bike, just maybe a little off the road :)
I regularly do byways, bridlepaths and lanes of dubious quality on it, so it can certainly take the rough stuff.

My eventual aim is to eventually put together an 80s mountain bike with drop bars, as favoured by himself and Jackie, but space doesn't allow that right now.

I’ve been very occupied with other stuff but getting head above water and will name a Saturday where we can all ride at the same time in different parts of the country and donate - no idea whether it will raise 5 gbp or 500 - but every little helps and i hope it will be good for them to know that people are thinking of them...actually I’ll try and get possible dates out in the next couple of days

I’ve been very occupied with other stuff but getting head above water and will name a Saturday where we can all ride at the same time in different parts of the country and donate - no idea whether it will raise 5 gbp or 500 - but every little helps and i hope it will be good for them to know that people are thinking of them...actually I’ll try and get possible dates out in the next couple of days

*world!

Back