A budget On One Inbred build

The Inbred saddle appears to be popular.
I've got one of these i thought it best to hang onto when i sold off my inbred, but its not in as good a condition as this one. Makes a nice finishing touch though :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The Inbred saddle appears to be popular.
I've got one of these i thought it best to hang onto when i sold off my inbred, but its not in as good a condition as this one. Makes a nice finishing touch though :cool:
Ohh I had one on my Pompino years ago . . . no idea where it went :rolleyes:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Very cool build mate, I know the struggle to find reasonable stuff in Australia, you're doing a good job.

I do like a nice Inbred and this is a nice one. lovely and nicely done.

Ali Clarkson just built one up for the fun of it. If this keeps going, the price of used Inbreds is going to go up. :)

Nice build, liking the stem/bar set up.
Always a rare beast these but since getting mine surprised by how many I see out and about.

Update: someone on a local retro MTB Facebook page had an On One carbon fork for sale, so bought it on impulse and fitted it when it arrived. I'm really pleased with them -- they're a little heavier than the PRO carbon forks previously fitted, but they look really good and ride just as well.

IMG_7340.jpg

Here's a comparison of the forks' weights, for all the weenies out there.

Attachments

• IMG_7330.jpg
    IMG_7330.jpg
    619.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7332.jpg
    IMG_7332.jpg
    659.3 KB · Views: 22
Looks great! I never did end up with a set of those bars... I have a set of Nitto on one bike, and then got a very cheap pair of Motocross bars on another.
If I may make one suggestion... If the rear brake cable is long enough, you could route it around the headtube on the drive side, rather than running it past the non drive side.
It looks like the cable stop at the front of the toptube is placed on the right ride, to allow you to route it around the headtube. Looks neater and the cable won't rub through the paint, like it would on the left side.
It makes me slightly sad that most bikes are designed to allow cabling for right hand rear, so when we in the UK, or Oz, cable up our rear brakes for the left-hand, we can't achieve the neat lines that give me a warm feeling deep inside.

Latest posts

Back