A budget On One Inbred build

Looks great! I never did end up with a set of those bars... I have a set of Nitto on one bike, and then got a very cheap pair of Motocross bars on another.
If I may make one suggestion... If the rear brake cable is long enough, you could route it around the headtube on the drive side, rather than running it past the non drive side.
It looks like the cable stop at the front of the toptube is placed on the right ride, to allow you to route it around the headtube. Looks neater and the cable won't rub through the paint, like it would on the left side.
It makes me slightly sad that most bikes are designed to allow cabling for right hand rear, so when we in the UK, or Oz, cable up our rear brakes for the left-hand, we can't achieve the neat lines that give me a warm feeling deep inside.
Good catch -- thanks! The cables do look pretty unruly -- I'm sure there's plenty of room for the rear cable to be re-routed as suggested.

Based on the always-tinkering principle, plus some late-night whiskey-fuelled eBaying, the Inbred today received a new back brake -- a nice set of NOS Cane Creek Direct Curve 2s. They seem to be nicely made and an interesting design, doing away with the noodle for a claimed improvement in feel.

Preliminary fitting shown -- they still need fettling, plus a rubber thingie and a colour-appropriate cable ferrule. Orange/red doesn't work for me.

What concerns me now is that the wheel very clearly needs its cones adjusted, as it's sitting way too far to the left. And that affects brake fettling. Will need to get some cone spanners in for that.

Attachments

• IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    833.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    634.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_1306.jpg
    DSC_1306.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
Back