98 Klein Attitude rebuild

Someone has an issue, it's like saying a Volvo isn't a Volvo as the company is owned by GM. Utter madness, I think you may need to get a reality check and worry about stuff that really matters, like "why are black goldfish still called goldfish?" or "should pizza have pineapple on it?". You know the everyday day things in life which make an actual difference...

No, that is not a Volvo, when the company was owned by GM. That is a GM car, with Volvo stickers. It has a conventional BB, conventional headset and does not have either the aluminium soldered seatpost clamp. All those decisions, were made by TREK, because it is a TREK, and that is why TREK could decide those changes, because it is its bike, it is a TREK. A cheap TREK.

Best trek ever though.

a GM car made at the ex-volvo factory, because that was not made in a Volvo factory either, the factory was GM.

So based on your blinkered view of the modern world, it would be difficult to state what was real and what was not. Rolls Royce being a prime example, which section of Rolls Royce could be considered the real one?

The same question could be applied to Bontrager, Gary Fisher, Le Mond, Raleigh, Pace, et-al.

Then when a company isn't bought out, but simply moves premises, what then, no longer real?

So, BMW Motorad, Triumph, Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Fiat, are all not real, yet I've owned or currently own what appear to be real motorcycles, with those actual names on them.

Taking this further and using your basis of argument, Harley Davidson, became non real when they moved out of the shed and into a new premises, yet the original owners and designers were still in charge?

Following your "logic" Raleigh stopped being real when, as they changed owner but were made in the same factory? I revert to your Volvo answer which also suggests that you believe a Klein made in its original factory can still be a Klein no matter who the parent company is. Which ironically contradicts your original statement.

I'm guessing you'll argue that the world is flat, as that was the original theory, or perhaps the moon is made from cheese, and mountain bikes are only mountain bikes if made by Tom Ritchie?

But what is the problem exactly? It is not a Klein, no big deal really. I bet the price for this frame was really good, and not overpriced like previous models, and spare parts easier to get and to install, much easier both. And easier to find.

Take a deep breath my sweet little child. I love you so much!!! Lot of kisses for you.

The bike is a TREK. Why? Well, because. It is a TREK because. But I am not the historian here brother, get someone else with more time than me.

the earth is round, that bike is a TREK, and the flatlander here is you sweetheart. So pissed off by telling the actual brand of the bike. LOL

You, my friend, need something else to do in your life other than make pompous proclamations followed up by feeble retractions that you’re not a historian. Since you realize that you’re not a proper historian, why did you ever comment on this thread in the first place?

Back