96' Bontrager Privateer Comp

I've managed to get out on this a couple of times this weekend, it's now covered in dust! I still love the way this bike rides, can't quite put my finger on it, but it's comfy, responsive and I like how it looks.
Has a couple of bits I'd not tried before. The Sachs shifters/mechs whilst being a bit plasticy and not the greatest looking of things, work really well, the shifters feel much more positive than the X-rays on my Orange. I'm also quite liking the Onza pedals, they haven't got the definite click of SPDs and I might change my mind when the weather turns cold and the elastomers harden up, but the added float seems good for my knees so they'll stay for now!
I'm currently building a 'proper' Race OR up and have high hopes that it will ride as well as this.

Last edited:
I stole everything off this to build up my Ti Lite, so have rebuilt it with the full XT M739 group off the now departed Zaskar. I was going to fit a Z2 Atom but decided the Judys really needed to be on this and put the Z2 on the Ti instead. DSC_0155.JPG

Last edited:
Back