96' Bontrager Privateer Comp

@Prodigal Son Thanks. I know these cranks are a bit of an aquired taste! While they're not my absolute favourite, they look pretty good to me in the flesh, they're good quality and they tend to be relatively cheap because no one likes them!

Looking good - love what you've done with that - understated and classy.
I've got an Orange R8 in the stand next to my Bontrager and I was thinking the colour design is very similar - and your Bonty now proves my point.

Thanks @Carge I'm glad you said that, it was what I was aiming for!

And liking the forks too.
Spookily I have a set of white forks arriving this morning - and I've already got new light blue decals in the pipeline.
Great minds think alike :LOL::LOL:

@Carge nice! 👍
These forks were a bit of a pain! 😁 There's parts from at least 3 separate Judys, last bit was some knackered SLs off of @d8mok to get some V-brake lowers and the Ti bits, resprayed with Wilkos finest white paint with decals from @gil_m, not sure I'll be painting forks myself again, but I wanted bright, not off white, so had to really! 😁 😂 And I still need to put new seals in the damper! Will get there eventually!

The white and blue Judy was creaking badly because the foot bolt on one side wouldn't do up properly, it got to nearly tight and then just span, then I couldn't get it out so it got put to one side and I fitted the Z2. Eventually got round to getting it apart and changed the push rods and lowers back to the SLs that were in it before, now it doesn't creak! 😁
Also refitted the tubeless Fire XCs, this is my second most used bike and thorn punctures were starting to do my head in, tubeless basically eradicates that. _20231105_164540.JPG

Latest posts

Back