'95 Kona Kilauea | from new | vgc | Open to offers!

dougbish

Dirt Disciple
Owned from new, ridden from '95 to '99, carefully stored away and used just a handful of times since is my 16" pearl white Kona Kilauea. Barring a few upgrades the bike has mostly original parts, only needs new cables to ride again (retro Attack Grip Shift included but not pictured), and is in vgc for its age. From the pics can anyone give me a ballpark selling price? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

95'Kilauea-01.jpeg 95'Kilauea-02.jpeg 95'Kilauea-03.jpeg 95'Kilauea-04.jpeg 95'Kilauea-05.jpeg 95'Kilauea-06.jpeg 95'Kilauea-07.jpeg 95'Kilauea-08.jpeg 95'Kilauea-09.jpeg 95'Kilauea-10.jpeg

Oooohh! I don't need another Kona, I don't need another Kona, I don't need another Kona! :)
Sorry, not sure on price either, I'd probably put it on Ebay, starting at the absolute least you'd take then hope you get a couple of bidders fighting for it. This particular model, year and colour seems quite sought after, it's just the size that might hold it back (perfect for me though :) ) 18-19" are the most wanted, especially in that condition. Also the fact that a lot of bikes are struggling to sell unless super cheap at the moment.

Oooohh! I don't need another Kona, I don't need another Kona, I don't need another Kona! :)
Sorry, not sure on price either, I'd probably put it on Ebay, starting at the absolute least you'd take then hope you get a couple of bidders fighting for it. This particular model, year and colour seems quite sought after, it's just the size that might hold it back (perfect for me though :) ) 18-19" are the most wanted, especially in that condition. Also the fact that a lot of bikes are struggling to sell unless super cheap at the moment.
Many thanks for the feedback. As it happens I’ve a road bike up on eBay at the mo which I’ve had to drop the price on as it isn’t selling. This Kona however is a bit more desirable so not sure I want to risk going down this route and getting little for it. Not sure really…

When I was getting the bike together I found the original MBUK review which I posted out last week to anyone interested:

Back