Schwinn Fastback – with quality smooth weld frame. Starting price now £180

dougbish

Dirt Disciple
Okay, you got me. A road bike from 2004 isn’t exactly retro, nor, being a Schwinn of its time, particularly desirable to many. But before I reluctantly advertise this great ride on eBay, or worse break down into parts, I’d like to share this quality smooth weld metallic red frame and bikes overall excellent condition with the Retrobike crowd - as I know somebody out there may appreciate it… or better still want to own!

Owned from new and only ridden a handful of times since 2014 when I upgraded and put the bike in storage.

As you’ll see from the pics looking after any bike pays off, and, bar some unusual paint ‘blistering’ at the top right rear side of the carbon fork (also pictured) the bike really is in superb nick for its age.

The wheels, brakes and groupset have been upgraded over the years and don’t have many miles on them. The saddle, tyres, and chain are all near new.

Note: The font derailleur shifter has a ghost shift down as there was a triple chainring originally. This was never an issue when riding just worth remembering it is there… or not there.

I am a previous seller on Retrobike.

The spec:

Frame: Size 52 (S) Schwinn Select Series, Gold Label N’lightened alloy
Fork: Carbon Reflex 3
Wheels: Fulcrum Racing 7
Crankset: 50/34 FSA Vero (square taper)
Crank length: 170mm
Front derailleur: Shimano 105 double
Rear derailleur: Shimano 105 9 speed
Cassette: Shimano 9 speed 12/26 (Ultegra I think if not 105)
Shifters: Shimano Tiagra
Brakes: Shimano Ultegra
Handlebars: Shimano Pro 420mm
Stem: Ritchey 110mm
Seatpost: Ritchey 27.2mm
Saddle: Cosine
Pedals: Look Keo
Tyres: Schwalbe Lugano 25mm

PRICE: £350 collection only West Sussex

Attachments

• IMG_01.jpeg
    IMG_01.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_02.jpeg
    IMG_02.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_03.jpeg
    IMG_03.jpeg
    404.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_04.jpeg
    IMG_04.jpeg
    380.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_05.jpeg
    IMG_05.jpeg
    395.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_06.jpeg
    IMG_06.jpeg
    368.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_07.jpeg
    IMG_07.jpeg
    696 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_08.jpeg
    IMG_08.jpeg
    471.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_09.jpeg
    IMG_09.jpeg
    436.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_10.jpeg
    IMG_10.jpeg
    399.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back