95/96 Judy SL paint code? And internals options

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Does anyone know the RAL code for 95/6 Judy SL ?

If going down the powder coat route anything to be aware of? Or is wet paint better?

What other options do we have than elastomers/springs which are available in the UK ?

I just dropped off some old legs today today to test out a yellow color match. I wont know for a few weeks if it works or not.

The black test we did came out good.

Attachments

• 2EB2A0D8-4B6E-4440-B638-D73D271CB562.jpeg
    2EB2A0D8-4B6E-4440-B638-D73D271CB562.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 5
I’ve just found a pair of Type 2 elastomers/springs which were from a pair of Indy’s.

Anyone know if they are same diameter and whether they are compatible with Judys? They are longer by around 2-3cm than the Judy ones so I would need to take a bit off the elastomer.

Attachments

• D62D0209-5A81-410D-8D22-050254A160E2.jpeg
    D62D0209-5A81-410D-8D22-050254A160E2.jpeg
    676.1 KB · Views: 11
I'm not sure if anyone has any kicking about, but if you can find them, the englund total air inserts work really well

I have a white industries hardbody oil damper in my odds and ends box...

England air internals work really well, though for damping you have to change valves as no oil. Still great but oh so rare.

Risse and white bros as mentioned mates with springs

I was once going to swap in some damping carts from a Judy DH, so you get rebound and compression but they got lost in customs which was gutting as we're NOS. Red qno and silver alloy bodies iirc.

I've heard you can retro fit the hydracoil internals from newer forks, and you can plonk a sid CSU and internals in the lowers. You might be able to do the same with pilot as well?

Meant to add I'm not sure powder coating is a good idea, the heat involved could do all sorts of damage to the magnesium lowers and bushings.

I ended up using some type 2 Indy internals which have worked well and they feel nice and firm.

Decided not to paint as another project has been purchased and I have a rule of 1 project at a time

I’ve also got a knackered pair of SID Ti on the way and consider a internals transplant into the SL’s. Let see

Back