'94 GT Zaskar Aqua (all dead photobucket links)

Re:

Heres a couple pics with the onza forks fitted. i Do like the look of them, they're burly and remind me of the early DMR trailblades i rode in my teens, but ive already decided they dont look or ride right on the zaskar. to be honest i bought them on a whim (which is the problem having the ebay app on my phone, i buy things when im bored :LOL: ) but i thought i'd buy them just to see what a 430mm rigid fork would be like.

ive also bought some onza canis tyres, and trimmed an inch off the handlebars

Sean

Re:

Definitely needs black forks. I have some OnOne cromo disc forks only had light use so far but seem good.

kyle

Re: '94 GT Zaskar Aqua Retromod

Yep black forks would certainly look better and i didn't think i'd see those forks fitted although i am liking the shape now their on ..

Re:

I liked them better before i fitted them :LOL: but on the Zaskar they just dont look right. They would be better black and if i liked them enough id have them powdercoated gloss, but i dont. Id want to remove that beefy looking disk tab as well but i wouldnt be able to without damaging the alloy

Im looking forward to fitting the on one forks when i have time, ive removed the disk tab on those to give them more a retro look

Opinions vary as i prefer the look of them fitted but any how the on ones will be the better ones for comfort as well as looks imo and if you hadn't mentioned removing the disc tab i wouldn't of thought about it tbh .

Muddy paw":4bw5e0tf said:
Opinions vary as i prefer the look of them fitted but any how the on ones will be the better ones for comfort as well as looks imo and if you hadn't mentioned removing the disc tab i wouldn't of thought about it tbh .
Im a fussy b*stard, having a newer disk tab fork on an older bike made at a time when bikes generally didnt have disk brakes, would annoy me :facepalm: :LOL:

Sean

SEANSTEPHENS":24ajzgl2 said:
Muddy paw":24ajzgl2 said:
Im a fussy b*stard, having a newer disk tab fork on an older bike made at a time when bikes generally didnt have disk brakes, would annoy me :facepalm: :LOL:

Sean

Whilst running a renthal fatbar... :facepalm: :LOL: Better get some club roost bars on with the brace fitted. (intended as playful banter)

kyle

kyle888":1w5vfx1u said:
SEANSTEPHENS":1w5vfx1u said:
Muddy paw":1w5vfx1u said:

Sean

Whilst running a renthal fatbar... :facepalm: :LOL: Better get some club roost bars on with the brace fitted. (intended as playful banter)

kyle

I know mate, it took me long enough to take the plunge into buying modern bars, but when a high riser weighs that little i couldnt help myself :LOL:

Re: Re:

Bowie":23od7cvc said:
Nice Zaskar, heres my latest project, just need some better wheels :cool:

Hi, i saw your bike on slick tyred mtbs thread this morning, it looks quick :) im looking at some slicks for my zaskar for when i want to commute on it. I cant decide whether i want skinny slicks or wider slicks though

Sean

Back