93? Klein Rascal Rekscue Project

How many time do you need to take off the paint?
Not sure what you mean? I removed the red linex coating then had the frame media blasted to remove what was left of the original Magenta. That took it down to bare aluminum. Hope this is what you were wondering

noooo - old wheels much better lol

So refreshing to see a Klein build that isn't just somebody opening their wallet for.

This is much more like something you would see BITD (apart from those awful wheels).

I think the saddle is a bit old /low end for it? Get a Turbo or a flite on there, if you find a scuffed up one they are easy to refinish with a car leather seat recolour kit.

noooo - old wheels much better lol

So refreshing to see a Klein build that isn't just somebody opening their wallet for.

This is much more like something you would see BITD (apart from those awful wheels).

I think the saddle is a bit old /low end for it? Get a Turbo or a flite on there, if you find a scuffed up one they are easy to refinish with a car leather seat recolour kit.
Ya i know they just looked cool to me. They were saved from a stolen bike i bought from a police auction then I realized what they were. Not sure how the grey Kendas would look on those silver Mavics. Likely not very good. I do like the tire color against this frame though. Huumphf longing for white Onza Porcs……and yes i am on the lookout for a proper saddle this ones a temp😉

I kinda like the grey kendas.
Ya i know they just looked cool to me. They were saved from a stolen bike i bought from a police auction then I realized what they were. Not sure how the grey Kendas would look on those silver Mavics. Likely not very good. I do like the tire color against this frame though. Huumphf longing for white Onza Porcs……and yes i am on the lookout for a proper saddle this ones a temp😉

Ya tire wise I like the Kendas. I think they look best on a black wheel though I have not seen them on the silver ones.. The Bontragers I have on the 231s are set up tubeless and I have never dealt with that before. I would like to take them off and try the Kendas on those rims but then I'm heading down the rabbit hole. I guess I might as well take the step and learn to work with the tubeless tires. The tires were mounted with the labels not aligned with the stems and it causes my OCD to twitch lol. So I eventually need to break the bead seal and turn them. Perfect solution would be to find a period correct black wheelset with black LX or XT hubs how hard can that be and I don't have a lot of money so that helps🙃😉

Gotta be purple I think.

Purple 987s?

Or just buy some silver shimano DX and use your purple spray!

Back