93? Klein Rascal Rekscue Project

I keep seeing black bikes with white decals that look awesome. Would it be sacrilege to not do a fade on this? Or maybe 80% black with a color fade at both ends, forks and rear triangle 🤔🤔

Well the frame is off to get blasted and powder coated so not much to do ine the mean time. Thought I would start to freshen up some parts. 3E505DDA-2C87-46BB-B843-74ED600F1409.jpeg

Attachments

• 676BC754-E4E4-4602-99CC-C2C9449F712D.jpeg
    676BC754-E4E4-4602-99CC-C2C9449F712D.jpeg
    509.5 KB · Views: 5
I think you are right 👌. Is the color of those grips a hint for the powder coat color?? Planning to continue the Deore DX on other components? Always a solid choice

Groupset is going to be a mashup of Shimano. I have like new LX M560 crankset that i love came off a KHS Montana I flipped. The wheelset are Mavic 231 with Black LX hubs that came off a Rocky Mountain Fusion that I flipped and once cleaned up turned out to be minty. The front and rear derailleurs are XT. I haven’t source cantilever brakes yet as I’m unsure what to go with either black or silver XT DX ot LX lol. Any input is always appreciated. Frame will be black and green most likely 😉

Cool!
Can you do a fade with powder coat?
It is doable. What happens with the powder is that it tends to get everywhere. You can do the first color melt it somewhat cover it within reason and spray the second color. I am not an expert and this is my first experience with powder but I ask question to those that know and repeat what I'm told. To avoid a less than satisfactory fade I'm getting a single color done then will wet sand to open the surface of the powder coat and do a wet spray over top. Hopefully all goes well.

Latest posts

Back