93 GT RTS Team/1 frame, 16" SOLD

jimihendrix

MacRetro Rider
Had this frame for a while, bought it to replace my Zaskar as a main rider but has sat on the shelf, i've now fallen out of love with it, now needing money for bits for my Rover V8 engine build.

Frame was sold to me as an RTS Team but main triangle is date stamped 06/93, been informed the Team was released later than this so it's pedigree is uncertain.

What i am certain of is the frame is very nice indeed, sized 16" (CTC), condition is great, all bushes are tight, shock is sound, last custodian did a fine job repolishing and re stickering, only flaws are a couple of tiny dings on the left side of the top tube (hard to photo)

SAM_0388.jpg

Frame will come with a new seatpost (Kalloy), seat collar (not GT), spare seatstays with rocker posts (but no rocker), a few other bits and bobs i'll dig out.

Asking £160 posted to the UK

Re: 93 GT RTS Team/1 frame, 16"

I would say that is a Team my friend. The 1 in 93 still had steel stays, I bought the first Team my local dealer had in May 93 for £1299 just for the frame. Its a Bargain :D

Ah, cheers for that, was sure i read the Team did'nt come out till 95.

Tis a stunning frame regardless.

ohh thats lovely! if i had the money i would have that,just my size too.

damn this having no job!

Or even swap for my Cannondale caad 4 with fatty headshock forks, throw in a bit of cash on top too

The rear end is missing the canti mount/rocker assembly (looks to have been very neatly removed I have to say), and the rear shock looks to have had a modification done to allow air rather than hydrogen (I think). I read a thread on here about it a while back and was considering doing it myself.

Lovely looking frame, If I didn't have two already and this was my size........

Good luck with the sale

ishaw":2o5x06u3 said:
The rear end is missing the canti mount/rocker assembly (looks to have been very neatly removed I have to say), and the rear shock looks to have had a modification done to allow air rather than hydrogen (I think). I read a thread on here about it a while back and was considering doing it myself.

Yes, as mentioned in the add frame comes with spare rear stays with the canti rocker mounts on (but no rocker), also comes with brake posts, removed them as i intended a disc brake build.

Forgot to mention the shocker mod, yes it has an air valve so is easier to service/adjust in the future, the last owner got the shock rebuilt and the mod done, fitted a new push rod rose joint too just before sale so its all Minty Mint SpearMint PeperMint ;)

Sorry S.W, K.T, no swaps or P/X, already have a big D/H frame gathering dust :facepalm:

rollo91":1hyj2cpl said:
I would say that is a Team my friend. The 1 in 93 still had steel stays, I bought the first Team my local dealer had in May 93 for £1299 just for the frame. Its a Bargain :D

The rear ends are interchangeable across all frame sizes, so that is no guarantee of provenance. AFAIK, other than the flat rear cap which denotes USA made there are no distingiuishing features to tell between the 7005 - 6061 frames.

Lovely polish job on that one and such lovely bikes to ride, comfy but without the bob and wasted energy of so many full sussers.

Back