'93 Explosif

albash82

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Listed as 20", but I think it looks more like 19"...
Also the back to front seat tube decal is strange.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Listed as 20", but I think it looks more like 19"...
Mmm, well it is a 19" frame alright.

The seller has documented; "Tange Ultimate 20” frame from centre of chainset to top of seat tube", so they seem to have an odd tape measure 🤪

Rather more alarmingly, is that the Seat Post seems to be held up with it being wedged into the Seat Tube by its bulge in the design. That poor Seat Tube may be Fubar now!

1993 Explosif 19_3.jpg

Pip

😲 never even noticed that, one way to make sure the post wont slip :)

People just astonish me sometimes - particularly when it's not a novice with a low rent bike. Mind you, they can't even use a tape measure correctly!

The other view doesn't show much more detail, but still makes me cringe! Clearly never heard of a Seat Post Shim.

1993 Explosif 19 Seat Post Dia_1.jpg

Pip

It's steel, would probably straighten out OK i would have thought.

Also (although I think @Pipmeister is probably right) it's always hard to tell exactly what's going on from a photo.

Could be worth a closer look and/or a haggle.

I don't have a good picture on file of a Seat Post sitting in a 1993 Explosif frame, but chose this for the bolder colours.

This is what you would preferably see with the correct sized Post in a frame:

1997 Cinder Cone 18_3.jpg

"Could be worth a closer look and/or a haggle."

Yeah B.I.N. somewhat ambitious, but definitely worth a haggle; these are a great quality frame with the Tange Ultimate Ultrastrong Down Tube.

Pip

Last edited:
The words 'cobbled together' come to mind.
I thought the mismatched wheelset was odd, however that has been accurately described.

The non-matching crank arms on the other hand have not! 🤦‍♂️ 😳

Latest posts

Back