93 Answer Manitou FS

ibai

Retro Newbie
Hi,

I have the chance to buy a 93 Answer Manitou FS (no cracks) but it is being hard to find any for sale that could help me value it and make an offer to the owner.

It is valuable for me as I rode it in the 94 Spanish DH Championship to 5th Senior (my first year in the category) which was a great thing for me. The owner is the "manager" of the team I rode for so he know it is valuable for me, and rejected an offer I made last year. I want to have another try but want to have an idea of the value first to avoid going to high on my offer.

Full XT and not exotic parts. Just a Atac stem. I think I was the last one who rode it so should not be too bad excluding elastomers. It would be a pitty not being restored.

Thanks
Ibai

I paid £450 for this as pictured, couple of cracks but suspension in good working order:

Hope you get it for a good price and enjoy the ride again :)

Re:

Thanks. That was a bargain. Just the fork and the rest of the parts are nearly worth that.

Unfortunately I already made a 800 pounds offer and he did not accept. He was kind of ofensed. I am ready to pag a little bit but not much. I assume not being frame not being cracked increases the value significantly.

If i do bot get this I will try to get a cracked frame to to jang it on the wall at least.

Attachments

• IMG_2170.JPG
    IMG_2170.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 746
I paid just over £800 for my crack free F&F (inc seat post / stem and front mech)

It came in crack free mint condition, so a complete bike- still crack free is a rare beast (I've since cracked mine)

To be honest I would not part with mine (complete) for less than £800 even with the repaired crack in it, due to the parts on it (mostly Grafton/Ringle)

Latest posts

Back