93/94 GT RTS-2 Replica of my 94/95 race bike - BOTM Oct 2020

Re: 93/94 GT RTS-2 - Replica of my 94/95 race bike

Wow, that's stunning, especially for a rts 2.

Love the parts selection. NOS componentry looks mint on the frame.

Mine when finally completed will look somewhat similar, just not quite in your league though unfortunately!

Out of interest, how much heavier did it make it putting on the Spins?

Very tidy... gets my vote.

I vote to your RTS, It's realy a beauty. The spin wheelset make a difference but I liked even with hope-mavic wheelset in combination with maxxis butterscotch. I know that you build it with NOS components and you would like to keep it as an exhibit bike in the workshop but can't understand how can you resist not to riding it. I ride all my retro projects, so because of this I never start to building a project if the frame is not my size. So with your customers just enjoy watching this beauty.

Not my kind of bike (a bit new for me :LOL: ) but two thumbs up for your attention to detail and a nicely composed image for the BotM competition :cool:

Magpiegifts":ygxhnh5k said:
Wow, that's stunning, especially for a rts 2.

Love the parts selection. NOS componentry looks mint on the frame.

Mine when finally completed will look somewhat similar, just not quite in your league though unfortunately!

Out of interest, how much heavier did it make it putting on the Spins?

Thank you :)

Oh wow yours sounds like it will be a great build, looking forward to seeing it.

Im not 100% sure about the weight difference with the Spins over the Hope Ti's/Mavic wheels...when I get a chance I will weigh them and let you know.

Peachy!":3b6gn8fw said:
Very tidy... gets my vote.

Thank you, it's really appreciated.

DACO":174lvwtp said:
I vote to your RTS, It's realy a beauty. The spin wheelset make a difference but I liked even with hope-mavic wheelset in combination with maxxis butterscotch. I know that you build it with NOS components and you would like to keep it as an exhibit bike in the workshop but can't understand how can you resist not to riding it. I ride all my retro projects, so because of this I never start to building a project if the frame is not my size. So with your customers just enjoy watching this beauty.

Cheers mate, it's been a really fun build.

I have had a roll around on this bike to check everything is running spot on, but to be honest it's too small for me as I am 6'1". I ran an 18" version back in the day, but in my opinion the smaller sized frame is more aesthetically pleasing. Another reason for not riding this one as it is a true surviver of days gone and like I said earlier in this thread I snapped 3 of these frames back in the day so I am happy just to appreciate this as fully functioning retro workshop art. Ive got modern bikes that I ride.

This is my private workshop at home, it’s not a bike shop workshop.

raidan73":r5nan4cq said:
Not my kind of bike (a bit new for me :LOL: ) but two thumbs up for your attention to detail and a nicely composed image for the BotM competition :cool:

Cheers mate it's really appreciated.

I think I may have a bit of a problem with hoarding retro GT race shirts, but in turn they make a boring white wall in the workshop a little more interesting and like you say provide a nice backdrop for the retro's. You may see more of the picture I used for the BOTM in a cool upcoming retro project :cool: :LOL:

Ive got threads for a couple of my other builds and they're a little more OCD than this one.

This bike maybe featuring in a cool upcoming retro project :LOL: :cool:

Back