91' Marin Eldridge & PineMountain..a brace of Zolatones

God they look fab, haven't had a zolotone in my life for about 20 years and I'm feeling an itch now (but thats another story :oops: )

Really would like a browning fork up front for one tho, ....just to be different

yorvik is only a few corners away from me too so recreating a zolotone is closer :D if I can find a reasonable frame...... what was the RAL code fella?

Got my kona done with yorvik too BTW, nice chaps and I would recommend them.

RBG

Thought it was about time I updated this thread.....

Dusted off the Pine Mountain for a post xmas, pre new year ride out with SIMONFREESE. The PM has been sitting in the shed all unloved for a few months after being retried from commuting duties and being converted back to what it was intended for......riding on the trails with wide handlebars and knobbly tyres!

I'd cried off on a couple of previous arranged rides through illness and being too busy with xmas so it was great to finally get out and explore the local woods and public footpaths.

7am start on NYE - cold and frosty and dark. Decided to navigate from Southend to Hockley woods, via the Prittlebrook footpath and via the variety of smaller woods and copses that are dotted around Southend.

Had a great time navigating cross country to get to out intended destination and didn't get particularly lost at any point. A mix of heavily churned up mud track frozen solid, some man-made gravel track, some un-frozen muddy churn and even a couple of small brooks to cross made for a varied ride and got to see the sun come up en-route which was a nice bonus. 18.5 miles covered in all - plan to do more of this in the new year!

Stopped for a few pics - thought about taking the dSLR but ran out of time to get it packed in my backpack before heading out. Shame as there were plenty of great photo opps....

Dodgy iPhone pic - PineM and Simon's Trek Antelope at Hockley woods.

Re:

Good to see it out...really want to get out early on a frosty morning here but kids and family keep getting in the way!

Had a really great ride, a lovely morning with plenty of sun, ice, frost and mud. As usual I struggled to keep up with the PM! Hope you had a good New Year Mart :)

wookiee":1w9khuf1 said:
Good to see it out...really want to get out early on a frosty morning here but kids and family keep getting in the way!

I do love riding it - aside from a massively annoying screeching brake it's running really well at the mo. I'm sure getting out riding may become harder in the near future - I have a 4 month old and at the moment I'm managing to get out. Hopefully it will continue! ;)

What '90s Zolatone Marin's have you got in the stable now Wook?

SIMONFREESE":1w9khuf1 said:
Had a really great ride, a lovely morning with plenty of sun, ice, frost and mud. As usual I struggled to keep up with the PM! Hope you had a good New Year Mart :)

Good ride! Thoroughly enjoyed it and looking forward to the next one. Might try and sort a trip up to Thetford for a trail ride as we briefly discussed. Hope you had a good new year too - here's to more rides out in 2015!

Up on the stand ready for a post ride clean down.....best to get this stuff off before it dries right? ;)

Re:

Still have the 91 Team and the wifes 91 Eldridge...the Team has seen a few tweaks over the last 6 months...nice near spotless M735 rear mech, new foam grips, replenished damaged decals with NOS ones, Marin Ti seat and Smokes now front and rear...

Back