91 Dave Yates ex round the world expedition bike 20.5" frame

Indeed, bit of a bargain that one, especially with what seems a nice spec

Only problem is what you do with it as it's quite a niche but it would be sacrilege to mess about with it too much

Listing was shite which didn't help, well it helped someone bag a bargain

the mavic chainset alone is high value I would have thought, mavic BB, campag cantis, shifters, hubs, front mech, whats that little lot worth cleaned and fettled.?

On top of that, its fillet brazed prestige, slack and cool, and built by Dave Yates, :cool: what would that have sold for if it was a Ritchey or a Potts... ;)

Its mental really.

Not sure I could break that, id have to ask him if he wouldn't mind providing a little history of the adventures, with pics, and then clean it to within an inch of its life, add some period rubber, a great service polish and tickle, leave the paint but secure the corrosion issue if any, add a fillet brazed bullmoose bar, colour matched in the same yellow and reds, and add a kids cool trailer, and take my boy on adventures, retiring the old girl to a life of sunny memories and quieter more relaxed work.

mtbdave":4cqjoy0o said:
I thought you may have seen it Karl?

the guys just cool...., and the bike well, I cant believe it, cool, and im stunned at the price if im honest,

Im surprised too. I wonder if he wont sell for that, "buyer didnt show" etc.
Ive seen junk get more than that.
So often the price goes mad in the last few seconds, and so often it doesnt, evilbuy is increasingly becoming a lottery.

Im surprised too. I wonder if he wont sell for that, "buyer didnt show" etc.
Ive seen junk get more than that.
So often the price goes mad in the last few seconds, and so often it doesnt, evilbuy is increasingly becoming a lottery.
Still, wasnt quite the bike for me. If it were I'd have bid.

My dad quite fancied it as a tourer, we were both shocked at the price. Great bike with a great history.

mtbdave":2trbfru2 said:
So did anyone here win it?

Maybe? Although with regards to the components on it I'm guessing they'd have interstellar mileage on them given it was a round-the-world bike :?

Back