91/92(likely) Kona Explosif

Bert the Weldor

Dirt Disciple
Just wondering what they're valued at these days. Look OK. Listing says paint scuffs/scratches. Velocity stem is there. Not sure of the rest of the parts. P2 Fork. Paint looks faded but is sort of a copper/salmon color. It's not my TT '91 Hot, but since that's long gone.....
Guys is asking $250 (He listed it as a '96 and trying to talk the "if you know your bikes, then you'll know...." jive.
Thanks folks!
Regards,
Bert

Re:

If the frame is Copper in colour then it sounds like a 1992, and certainly not the seller's claim of 1996, which are Olive Green and constructed from Columbus Max. - see example below of a '92.

If it is going for 250USD for a complete bike, that sounds good to me - even a frame, Velocity Stem and P2's would be worth that.

You may be better to place a post in "The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" forum"

viewforum.php?f=78

Pip

Attachments

• 1992 Explosif 20.jpg
    1992 Explosif 20.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 1,030
Re: Re:

pipmeister":34aima79 said:
If the frame is Copper in colour then it sounds like a 1992, and certainly not the seller's claim of 1996, which are Olive Green and constructed from Columbus Max. - see example below of a '92.

If it is going for 250USD for a complete bike, that sounds good to me - even a frame, Velocity Stem and P2's would be worth that.

You may be better to place a post in "The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" forum"

viewforum.php?f=78

Pip

Thanks! That one looks awesome! Looks lighter, but I think it's just the lighting.
He's listed it as having Prestige Concept tubes. My bad, he's listed it as '94, but that's still wrong regardless.
And it's $250Can, so even cheaper! ;)
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/used ... 45_614.jpg

Re:

There are variants in colour on some models between North America and Europe, so I would suggest that the one for sale could be a slightly different shade from the picture I posted. The bike for sale looks lovely.

Tange Concept tubing is correct for a 1992 Explosif, as is the separate Seat Post Collar - '91 had a front facing Integral Clamp.

At a conversion to £146, I would snap it up.

Pip

Sounds a bargain and a lovely example, complete even with Joe Murray Horseshoe. If this were mine, i would look at swapping at that seatbolt Q/R and finding a nice new Deore one.

Back