89 THM Raleigh Dyna-Technicolour

I can’t settle. The brevs are hateful. Dull. Depressing. I refuse to spend. I will cobble.

And that black Easton stem………

D73DBFBD-D7FB-4D55-A7A2-B1366ED7117A.jpeg

Swaddled I’d call it. In an old badminton racket grip. Much prettier now. Wimbledon tribute.

I just fitted it to accommodate the cockpit setup. Once everything is sorted and after a couple of rides I trim stuff. Just found some gold chain ring bolts!

Last edited:
This frame has had a spinning bottle cage rivnut since coming here @longun never got round to it but last night, after numerous previous attempts to remove it, I got serious. This is how it went.

Cutting disc in dremel. Cut off most but not all of head of stainless allen bolt stuck in nut. Change to blue grinding head in dremel. Grind off rest of head down to ally rivnut flange. With needle nosed mole grips compress and pull up flange with point of grips a little section at a time head on. - softer than head so clamp on and pull until it releases. Do this a lot for about ten minutes until you've created a little ally cup around the remaining bolt stump. The stump protects the frame for the next bit as the ally grinds more easily. Grind off the cup and repeat the process. Each time the cup edge gets thinner until eventually you can push the stump into the frame. If you're super careful with the grinder there's no damage to the frame.

Done. sadly no pics as i was in the zone......

Now also has period pump,{which was an issue given bent top tube) second bottle cage, coloured cable crimps and technicolour chainring bolts.

Needs new photos but i'm taking the boss to her sister's dahn sarf in sunny wiltshire today. for a week. So anything is possible at THM Towers for the next seven days.

Actually I've got a list of about a dozen DIY jobs and a dog to walk so maybe not.

Last edited:
Back