89/90 Orange Clockwork

clockwork davo

98+ BoTM Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
So after my retro wobble last year which involved me selling my 90 Clockwork :facepalm: I’ve been searching for some new projects !!

I’ve picked up a 92 clockwork and a 92 Ally O (thanks Cheshire ;) ) threads on these 2 will come shortly but as I was after a direct replacement for my lost friend I’m starting this on first

I was doing daily trawl on evil bay when this fella popped up, 19” late 89 early 90 I think it’s a little rough around the edges but I quite like the fact it’s had a life and not just been stored !!

Build plan’s gonna be classic pace fork option with if I can find it it black M730 XT

With a few other classic bits oh and rigid this time :D

It’s fair to say it’s gonna be a hybrid of my 2 other lost clockworks :cry:
Both still dearly missed !!

so hopefully you’ll enjoy watching it evolve into something like its predecessors

Looking forward to the build. Like the fact the frame has a history, and keeping it as it is. A respray would be criminal, and the fact there probably isn’t too many 89/90 clockworks in original form around.

Had a spare XT headset and a couple of minutes so rude not to, already loving this bike :cool:.
I think I’m finally over losing the others :D
Definitely need to track down a black headset nut! If anybody has one knocking about id love it ;)

So had a little free time so spent it on the newest acquisition, it’s managed to jump the build queue quite successfully

The build is XT and DX in black finish, it’s not gonna be a show queen with polished bits, some bits aren’t perfectly period correct, but that’s not what I’m after for this bike !! Just want it old school and thrash-able and loads of fun, and I think I’ve succeeded and it really reminds me of my original ride

Originally put some skin wall panaracers on but also popped a set of black walls on for comparison, and it would appear controversially that I prefer the black walls :shock:

Be interested in the general consensus :D

I’ll update with a spec sheet when fully decided on rims and tyres :roll:

Love the 531 fork. The classic orange/white the best for Orange bikes

I think the skin walls look better with the black fork. If it was the original orange fork - either. But if you've seen my Vit T2 you may wonder if I'm qualified to comment! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back