85 Saracen conquest....what have i started!.....Finished!

Well.....I've done it now.....stuck it into BOTM!

Doubt many will really "get it".....its probably too old for most people and not enough trick parts and carbon for the rest..... although I sincerely hope people will see it for the pivotal moment in MTB in the UK it really was.

You allowed to vote for your own bike :LOL: ?
I hope your proven wrong....I personally think many will get it! It's going to take something from another galaxy to sway my vote 😊
It's not just about the bike it's the quality and standard that you've achieved restoring it....first class 👍
Now get them racks on and go adventuring!

Got out for the first full length ride on it today, rather than a quick trip.

Its amazing how quick your brain switches back into friction shift!

The bike itself is smooth, refined and acts very much like the elder statesman it is. Its not a bike your going to throw down a black run, nor is it razor sharp, but it lives up to it's tag line of "adventure bike" very well.

It makes me think back to the days where mountainbikes were unheard of and I can just about still smell the excitement when these types of for-runners started to appear....

Arrrrrrr.....mummmmmm.....nostalgia...

Ps dont forget to vote for your favourite bike in this months " bike of the month" ( cough...cough).

Attachments

• 20220802_163105.jpg
    20220802_163105.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • 20220802_163051.jpg
    20220802_163051.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
Fab inspirational work. My wife lived lived near Nick Crane. Knew him quite well - as a boy!
Now, on p3 you mention an Amazon endoscope. Any good do you think for looking for spiral fluting inside Columbus tubes?

Yes. If it will go in the hole in the tubetop. They have led lights on too!

They are rubbish quality, but they work ok.....but dont expect snap-on!

Was glad to see this pop up in the BoTM November Amnesty Special, another great build thread I'd missed somehow.

As usual @Tootyred, great build & thread with a fantastic result and very worthy to be a BoTM winner 😍

Back