'85 Muddy Fox bike '86 Bob Jackson '91 Stumpjumper NOS rims

Hilarystone

Dirt Disciple
Hi Everyone,
I have a very original Araya built Muddy Fox ATB from 1985 here for sale together with a mid 80s Bob Jackson MTB frame and an early 90s Specialized Stumpjumper. There’s also a great selection of NOS MTB rims.

Shipping within the UK for the bike will be £18 and £5 for the bars. I am happy to ship abroad. To most of Europe the bike will be £40, to the USA £120.
Frames cost £11 for shipping within the UK, £30 for Europe and £80 for USA.

I can take payment a number of ways - bank transfer (preferred), Paypal, cheque in GBP, cash sent registered post, Traveller’s cheques in $ etc.

Viewing or personal collection welcomed.

If you dib an item, please PM me and pay the same day unless you make other arrangements with me.

Hilary Stone, Bristol, UK

MUDDY FOX ATB 22in 1985 lovely original condition. This is one of the really early Muddy Fox ATBs built by Araya in Japan. . It was a serious MTB with Tange tubing and proper ATB kit including rather good Shimano ATB derailleurs with thumbies, Sugino GT chainset, Dia-Compe cantilevers and Araya rims. Early ATBs such as this are rather rare especially in original condition. Pleae remember that sizing on these earlier mountain bikes was nearer that of road bike sizing - this is equivalent to about a 23 to 23.5in road bike frame or a more modern 19in MTB. £125 SOLD

Muddy-Fox-1985.jpg

Muddy-Fox-1985-dets.jpg

BOB JACKSON ATB FRAME c1986
Seat Tube (ctt): 21.5in
Top Tube (ctc): 21.75in
Rear dropout width: 135mm
Tubing: Reynolds 531 ATB
Seatpost size: 27.0mm
This Bob Jackson mountain bike frame dates I think from around 1986 - frame siaes on mountain bikes were bigger then - this equates to about 19in these days. Its in very sound condition though the paint is a bit scruffy. Rather rare. £125

Bob--Jackson-MTB.jpg

SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER c1991
Seat Tube (ctt): 18in (17in ctc)
Top Tube (ctc): 22.75in
Rear dropout width: 135mm
Seatpost size: 26.8mm
This Specialized Stumpjumper is in very good condition with no dents or dings and whilst the paint has some marks there is nothing too unsightly. £125

Specialized-Stumpjumper.jpg

MOUNTAIN BIKE RIMS ALL NOS

SUN CHINOOK 36H £20
FIR M222 early 1990s 32H £20 SOLD

FIR-M222-Sun-Chinook-MTB-ri.jpg

FIR IMPEX with lip to stop cantilever brake block slipping off the braking surface early 90s and rare 36H £30

Fir-Impes-MTB-rims.jpg

TIOGA BLACK AND WHITE 28H £20
RIGIDA slight bronze colour to anodizing 36H £18

Tioga-Rigida-MTB-rims.jpg

RIGIDA DP22 26in MTB DEEP AERO SECTION 32H RIMS one pair is natural silver, one pair is silver blue anodized £39 a pair

Rigida-DP22-MTB-32H.jpg

SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER HISTORY Unused, brand new copy of Stumpjumper, 25 years of Mountain Biking by Mark Riedy with 72 pages detailing the story of the Specialized Stumpjumper and the personalities involved with it. The Stumpjumper was arguably the first production mountain bike. This is a truly great book which is beautifully designed and written and should on the bookshelf of anyone interested in mountain biking and its origins. £9
Specialized-Stumpjumper-boo.jpg

If the Muddy Fox or Bob Jackson had popped up this time last week, I would have bitten your hand off.

I've just scored an early 531 all-terrain MTB frame and forks which scratches that itch...

Can you hold the tiogas for me - need to pop to the shed and check some hubs tomorrow as I can't remember how many holes they have.

What width are the tiogas btw, and approx what age are they?

Thanks

Ian

Those Rigida DP22s are brilliant rims, I have a pair on XT hubs, just lovely!

Back