80s Mino Denti Master

This is amazing. What a great job you did, I just made an account here to tell you this. I have the red version of this frame but mine is in far worse condition. You gave me some crazy inspiration, still the big problem is where how to approach the paint damage on the blue area (red in my case) and I prefer having it the way it is there rather than destroying its authenticity. Curious, how much you paid for yours? And did you have any luck finding more denti panto parts? Also did you manage to figure the year those came out?

Last edited:
This is amazing. What a great job you did, I just made an account here to tell you this. I have the red version of this frame but mine is in far worse condition. You gave me some crazy inspiration, still the big problem is where how to approach the paint damage on the blue area (red in my case) and I prefer having it the way it is there rather than destroying its authenticity. Curious, how much you paid for yours? And did you have any luck finding more denti panto parts? Also did you manage to figure the year those came out?
Many thanks for the kind comment. Post a picture or two of yours up, there are many experienced people here who will advise you. I am always interested in seeing Denti frames as there are not many of them out there.

If you have a similar fishnet paint effect with more damage than mine it is a challenge to tidy up for sure. If mine had been worse I would have stripped the whole frame, drawn and cut some masks to match the pattern and redone the lot, white and blue. Not an easy or quick job. 😜

I have no more panto bits for this, as far as I've been able to tell there are stems, Campag chainrings and shift levers out there to match. Sniffing around some Italian forums/Facebook bike groups might snag some if you are very lucky.

I've pegged my frame at 1986/87 which feels right from comparison to other Dentis I have seen online, some with dates. I think the sleek tapered unicrown fork puts this post 85 at the oldest. Older Dentis usually have a traditional sloping lugged fork with panto Ds on the fork lug shoulders.

I've been too busy to do much on my build recently, the wheels are nearly sorted though which is progress. I did strip and polish the Dura Ace shifters over the weekend which I think suit the frame much better. Also managed to find another pair of brake shoes so the little details are also coming together. 😁

Yes, it's the very same! I think I saw your Campagnolo build on LFGSS years ago. Any more history of the frame that you know? 🤩

This one, you mean? I had a first gen. Chorus on it.

No, don't have more info on it. Was a frame I found accidentally and the seller got it even more accidentally (and even didn't know it was a high level frame).

Eager to see it finished.

Wim

IMG_1892.JPG

IMG_20220503_145514.jpg

Extra polish on the shifters and paint fill for the text.

IMG_20220502_182621.jpg
I've just found that the 7410 crankset is extra low profile and should have a 103mm BB. So I need to source an Italian threaded 7410 BB and out will come the 7400 BB even though it is smooth and perfect... I just couldn't live with the chainline being off. Other option would be to replace the crankset with a 7400/1 but I like the smooth look of the 7410.

I have finally sourced toeclips for my pedals so another little detail is finished. 😁

Well I finally got there. 😁
A long slow burner of a project but one that is so satisfying to call complete. :cool:

Thanks to @nammonk and @onegoodbike for some of the final bits to get this together.

DA 7410 BB to match the crankset, it has a very low Q factor. I had to put this together with innards from one and a cup from the other.

Wheels fully built up with lovely new Vittoria Corsa tyres.

KIFqldj.jpg

Pedals cleaned and polished, with replacement clips as the old ones were mismatched, and new Christophe straps.

...and here we are!

oHTX5TA.jpg

UlQvmhx.jpg

The spec is as follows;

Frame & Fork: Mino Denti Master, later 1980s, probably 86/87. Columbus 'Denti' tubing, probably SL equivalent.

Headset: Dura Ace HP-7400
Stem: 3ttt Record 84 w/ Denti panto
Handlebar: 3ttt Competizione
Bar Tape: Velox

Brake Levers: Dura Ace BL-7401 (with anodizing removed and repolished)
Brake Calipers: Dura Ace 7403
Cables: Jagwire (with logos removed)

Shifters: Dura Ace SL-7401 (with paint removed and repolished)
Front Derailleur: Dura Ace FD-7400
Rear Derailleur: Dura Ace RD-7402
Cassette: Uniglide CS-7400-7Speed 13-23
Chain: KMC
Cranks: Dura Ace FC-7410
Bottom Bracket: Dura Ace BB-7410
Pedals: Dura Ace PD-7400

Rims: Ambrosio Excellence
Hubs: Dura Ace HB-7400
Hub Skewers: Dura Ace
Spokes: Sapim Race double butted
Tyres: Vittoria Corsa Graphene 2.0

Saddle: Cinelli Volare (repro)
Seatpost: Nitto S65

Bottle Cage: Nitto R Cage
Extras: Cinelli bar plugs, OMAS lightweight bottle cage screws, 3D printed stem bolt cap, PTFE tube for BB shift routing, Specialities TA crank bolts, repro FCI bidon.

5gzw7io.jpg
YqmAvR1.jpg

YKjJeP7.jpg

KyECtLv.jpg

jgZ0sPb.jpg

nAmKtfm.jpg

I've certainly enjoyed the journey getting this one over the line as there have been some great learning steps along the way, not least building my first set of wheels! There were so many details to research, repair, replace or otherwise make careful choices for the final build. It isn't a total period piece by any means but I hope you agree it feels 'right.'

VOXK2zt.jpg

The bike rides beautifully too! Smooth, fast and very comfortable. I'll post more of my summer outings as and when they happen. 😊

Last edited:
Back