Sorted 7spd Hyperglide Cassettes 12-28t

Once A Hero

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
On the hunt for two VGC 7spd Hyperglide cassettes please, either XT HG90 or DX/LX HG70 variety, ideally with the red label still intact on the top cog.
Must have 28t top cog!
Preference is for 12-28t but will consider 13-28t, or indeed 11-28t.

Last edited:
I have two HG41’s , 7 speed Hyperglide.

One is lightly used, under 50 miles with 12-28. Would come with a silver shimano lockring not one shown as it’s Ti.

The other is 11-28 new.

let me know if interested. C9E087DD-4914-49DD-BE91-7567EF1B8226.jpeg

Attachments

• B1B48E3D-B0C9-46F6-B29E-22066D446ADB.jpeg
    B1B48E3D-B0C9-46F6-B29E-22066D446ADB.jpeg
    449.3 KB · Views: 1
I have two HG41’s , 7 speed Hyperglide.

One is lightly used, under 50 miles with 12-28. Would come with a silver shimano lockring not one shown as it’s Ti.

The other is 11-28 new.

let me know if interested.
Too modern for my needs, but thank you.

I have one, HG-90. Normal wear, but the red one is already gone. 12-28T.

£20.99 from Halfords. But you won't get a red sticker.

Forgot to say, I have fitted one of these 'modern' CS-HG200 7 speed cassettes from Halfords to my retro bike. Apart from the lack of a red sticker, it appears to be identical to the cassettes of the early 1990s. And it was most probably made using all the same tooling and production processes as the 1990s cassettes. I guess it all depends how badly you want the authentic red sticker. I'm probably a bit of a heathen, because I'm not that bothered. What matters to me is that it's new, none of the teeth are worn, it's shiny, and apart from the lack of a red sticker, it's indistinguishable from the early 1990s cassettes.

I had a look in my box of spare parts. I found one cassette with a red label, and one cassette missing a red label. If I attend the Peaks ride, then I will bring these cassettes for anyone who is interested in inspecting/buying them.

Forgot to say, I have fitted one of these 'modern' CS-HG200 7 speed cassettes from Halfords to my retro bike. Apart from the lack of a red sticker, it appears to be identical to the cassettes of the early 1990s. And it was most probably made using all the same tooling and production processes as the 1990s cassettes. I guess it all depends how badly you want the authentic red sticker. I'm probably a bit of a heathen, because I'm not that bothered. What matters to me is that it's new, none of the teeth are worn, it's shiny, and apart from the lack of a red sticker, it's indistinguishable from the early 1990s cassettes.
Is that black? Looks black to me, I'm after silver.

Back