35th Anniversary of the sport

My tribute to those Repack days. Finished the night before the anniversary.

IMG_3630.jpg

And several hours and a generous coating of Cleveland mud later

IMG_3730.jpg

Keep on Klunkin'

FairfaxPat":17redm5h said:
Very nice old Schwinn, Dr.!

Thanks Pat ;)

I'm hoping to bring it over for the 40th and ride it down that hill of yours. It looks much drier over there. I hear the beer is pretty good too so I'm sold.

That said, our hill looks a little steeper than yours. :twisted:

IMG_3724.jpg

Repack Rider":3k1tyicb said:
I was looking for Rumphy on the roll-out, but it was crazy hitting the course in a big crowd and he got on the front end of it while I got stuck behind a bunch of newbies. I had to pass quite a few people, not easy to do on that hill where the proper line is a little wider than a bike tyre. The last one I got by was Joe himself, who normally owns me on Repack, but he was riding that dated machinery, and I pulled away on my FS bike.

Haha...umm...in the video, the guy on your right in all black you were talking to....that was me. ;)

Repack Rider":3k1tyicb said:
I guess we'll have to settle this next year, but I won't be floating announcements on the Internet.

Or sooner! That was a fun downhill....left me wanting more. I'll be heading back for sure to see what kind of time I can post for myself.
The slow mass group start, rangers, chain issues, and zero practice runs didn't make for putting up any decent number.
I'll let you know when I'm headed back out there. :)

scooderdude":a9fh7xm0 said:
Here's a video of the reunion run, and includes some the antics at the top, and much of the banter at the bottom. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8XOB4XpsBw&hd=1

Best viewed in HD and full screen.

(NOTE: For some reason this vid will often start after the 3 minute mark, so slide it back to the start for the entire run.)

nice vid. how you stopped yourself from making motor cycle noises is an act of super human strength.

rumpfy":1h2z4rmj said:
Haha...umm...in the video, the guy on your right in all black you were talking to....that was me.

I see that, and then you jumped out and put five riders between us. According to the time on the video you rode about 5:45, but the start was slow. You were probably in the 5:15-5:20 range if you had a proper start.

Repack Rider":2m93b8so said:
I see that, and then you jumped out and put five riders between us. According to the time on the video you rode about 5:45, but the start was slow. You were probably in the 5:15-5:20 range if you had a proper start.

Jumped is maybe a bit strong...that was 50% effort! :p

Ya, hard to say exactly on the time, but that sounds about right. Strava put me at 5:28, but on the map it looks like the segment start is further down trail than the actual correct start. I'll come back and do a couple runs and see what I can do. Low 5's would be great, a sub 5 would be a thrill! :)

There were many legends there last Friday, quite a few fans, and a couple of posers like me. No one ever said being a poser was easy...
repack35110_2.jpg
[/img][/url]

klunkerbill":12bjp9jf said:
There were many legends there last Friday, quite a few fans, and a couple of posers like me. No one ever said being a poser was easy...

If I buy you a shirt, will you promise to wear it? At least for the high-speed downhill runs?

Latest posts

Back