35th Anniversary of the sport

Picture037.jpg

Yesterday in Yorkshire

The rider going down is in the series of photos Jerry Heidenreich, who is the owner of a Series I Breezer like the one Joe was riding, but didn't bring it out.

You are thinking, "Where have I heard that name before?" Here he is in a previous post, standing next to Joe Breeze when both were high school bike racers.

You will note that most of us Old Skoolers dressed "in character."

I was looking for Rumphy on the roll-out, but it was crazy hitting the course in a big crowd and he got on the front end of it while I got stuck behind a bunch of newbies. I had to pass quite a few people, not easy to do on that hill where the proper line is a little wider than a bike tyre. The last one I got by was Joe himself, who normally owns me on Repack, but he was riding that dated machinery, and I pulled away on my FS bike.

I guess we'll have to settle this next year, but I won't be floating announcements on the Internet.

Repack Rider":k6ff9npn said:
I was looking for Rumphy on the roll-out, but it was crazy hitting the course in a big crowd and he got on the front end of it while I got stuck behind a bunch of newbies. I had to pass quite a few people, not easy to do on that hill where the proper line is a little wider than a bike tyre. The last one I got by was Joe himself, who normally owns me on Repack, but he was riding that dated machinery, and I pulled away on my FS bike.

I guess we'll have to settle this next year, but I won't be floating announcements on the Internet.

sounds like a poor excuse to me sir CK :LOL:

re assessing my hero worship table

just checked , your still 7 points above steve mcqueen , mind you he's not done much for a while

SI looking styleeish there mate ,cool pic ,vern take that ?

kaya":3rgrr28c said:
Yesterday in Yorkshire

Nice bike. I had to look carefully to see whether I knew the rider. If the background didn't look out of place that photo could have come from the same celebration I attended. There was a similar bike out on Repack, but it was a one-speed.

some absolutely amazing pictures in there, looks like an amazing day for a ride.

we had one of our own UK MTB history makers out on the national one..

P1050292-1.jpg

(thanks to Gravy Monster in advance for the pic ;) )

Had a great weekend celebrating the anniversary. Glentress with MacRetro on friday night was great fun indeed, but dragging that big old Schwinn around the hills of Yorkshire and then gunning it down the uber fast NEMBA DH Track at Carlton Bank was just ace. Loved it!
A big thanks to all the founding fathers for giving us such glorious fun.

IMG_3715.jpg

I'll post up some more pics when i get to a PC.

Si

Back