34.9 band on downtube shifter mount

Good day folks,

Wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction?, I am trying to find a 34.9 downtube shifter band on mount for a reynolds 725 frame that I have.

There are a number of options for the smaller diameter tube set 31.8 but very few for the size I need. I have seen a few options that look custom made from automotive clamps with the shifter mounts Tig welded on but really I am looking for something available in the UK.

Unfortunately I do not have a Tig welder or a supply of shifter bosses either so doing a homebrew is out of the question and I guess to source the parts and have it made locally would cost a fair bit?.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

How about this?

1706927711982.jpeg

Drill a 7mm hole through the downtube and screw together with plenty of threadlock. The radius inside the curved plates is not 34.9 mm diameter, but 38.1mm, so they would need re-making.
These are for aluminum frames and are commonly found on alot of older frames like Cannondale. The curved plate is also bonded to the tube with epoxy, or something. All things that can be done at home if you have a vice, a file, a drill and drill bits, and the bonding agents.

Regular steel bosses metal glued to a frame are one of the cheapest things to get done by a framebuilder. Maybe £30 or thereabouts?

Back